Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Latest on the Legacy ...

Guest Fly1

Thought I would do a little paint test to see how it would look. Trying to go for the prototype N199L paint scheme. LONG way to go, and lot's of fixes needed, but it's coming along. (Ugh!!)Later Bob C.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Bob you are killing me here!What an amazing design, both by Lancair and you!Keep 'em coming, and if you need beta testers, I'm ready to camp out in the waiting line :-)

Guest Fly1

Hey Fabio,Thanks. Appreciate it a bunch.I'll tell you, this one is really a hand full. I just hope I can do it justice.CheersBob C.

Guest Lionel Goh

that sure looks good.

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Hi Bob C/Fly1, Legacy Designer:Please send me an email at CatSue26@yahoo.comI have some interesting data/information for your Legacy.Regards,A Delta Sierra

Guest Fly1

A wee bit more testing, just to see what is going to happen when cutting, etc. More work, more point pushing ...Thanks for the great comments guys!!Bob C.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Damn Bob!It looks amazing! I've been doing some cutting, and even though I understand once you master it, it is not a problem, I haven't gotten there yet. I get really funky polygons all around the cut, but I see you have NONE of those, it looks perfect!Good job!

Guest Fly1

Hey Fabio,Careful photo angles here, but it did turn out better than I thought it would. As mentioned before here many times by the pro's, keep the poly count down. I have been trying to do that here, and when I did the cut, had very few abnormal occurances. I used the Boolean cut and refine, then detached, and added texture (Canopy texture from the Long Eze)I will do a bit more fuselage work around the canopy frame base before doing the final cut.Oh well, back to it.CheersBob C.(Ooooops, playin around a little with the spectral colors in Gmax, need to learn how to do this in the final version for FS)

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Bob.I understand the Boolean Cut, instead of subtract, but what's that about refine? I would go and find out myself, but I am at school now, no 3ds or gmax here :-).

Looking great Bob.... I'm wondering if on this one, you can try cloning the wings for viewing from the interior, vs. use of static bitmaps? Should have no effect on framerate, and this aircraft seems made for panning around and enjoying the view in flight :)

Guest Fly1

Well, Fabio, you have probably had a chance to check Gmax, but the refine is just the first option when doing the cut. John, yes I would hope to do more along the lines of a VC for this one. We will see what develops as we get further down the road. And yes, I am getting those irritating little texture/poly issues when doing the cuts, especially around the rear window. They are small, but still very frustrating. I'm not getting the wild fragmentation of poly's, since the original count was low, but I am getting that "pinched" look of the texture when shaded. I have tried several of the edge turning tricks, which works on some, but a few others just don't want to cooperate. Any helpful comments are welcome.Well, back to the salt mine.LaterBob C.

Guest Fly1

Ok, this will be the last one for bit.Got past the final cuts for the canopy and rear windows, and took care of the little poly problems. Added a little interior, and made an attempt to cut the canopy frame line, so the canopy can be opened in the sim. Ooooh that was nasty. More poly fixing. CheersBob C.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Things are shaping up, huh Bob? Really fantastic.Listen, I might be able to help you, why don't you send me an e-mail at fabiomiguez@hotmail.com so we can talk about this?

This is looking great Bob! I thought the 'EZ had smooth lines, but this is something else! Thanks for the update!-John