Sign in to follow this  

Help is needed!

I'm modelling a SAAB J35 "Draken", see the attachement. But I have run in to some trouble. I cannot make the combined elevator/aileron work! I know that FS2K2 can do this. It is like on the concorde.Can anyone help me - pleaseThanks in advance.Thomas

are you using FSDS 2 or GMAx?? for FSDS 2 what I would do is make 2 copies of the control surface. name one elevator and the other l_aileron (or right depending on the side). then I would delete all the polygons (but leave the points/vertices) of the part called elevator. then I would make the l_aileron a child of the elevator part and I think it would work. I had to do something similar on my Zenith CH 801 to make the combined Flap/ailerons (Flaperons)Brian

I'm using GMAX! but thanks anyway. I'll try your suggestion.Anyone else is welcome to help me!Thomas!!Here is a updated screenshot of the Draken!!

Thanks Brian. but it didn't help me!Can anyone else give me a little help with my problem?I would really appreciate it!Thomas

Make an invisible part or basically VERY small one and hide it inside the wing. Then name it as L_Aileron_01 for example and name the visible part as elevator_01 (for example). Then make sure that the pivot points of these two parts are on exactly same point. Finally, link the elevator_01 part into the L_Aileron_01. That should do it. Then just do the same thing for the other wing too...Mikko http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/shots/banger.gif

Mikko Maliniemimmniemi@hotmail.comhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/DF...MIKKO_avsim.jpg

Small addition - use a "Dummy" part for l/r_aileron, then you don't have to worry about its visibility later. Then link the visible "elevon" (named elevator_l/r) part to it. The technique described can be used for all "double-function" parts, I used it for the flaperons (flap/aileron combination) on my A310.

Thanks folks. It worked.I'm so happy. Ill sonn let you know how long i have come with the Draken-projectStudy