Sign in to follow this  

FSDS animation porked????

I have had several cases where I animate parts in FSDS2 and go to FS and nothing is moving. One such example is the cargo doors. They all work on the OPEN EXIT commmand, but not when u try to open them individually. I am currently trying to animate water rudders. I tag one part as "water rudder deploy" and the other as "water rotate" then I set all the key frames up. Build model, go to FS and nothing is moving. Does FSDS2 have some animation bugs or am I missing something painfully obvious here? I have done many animations, but some just don't seem to work out and I can't figure out why.Signed,dazed and confued!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Make sure the door is tagged as "door_cargo" and you hit shift e then 2 to open it. Make sure you have 2 exit definitions in the aircraft cfg. copy it from one of the defaults with 2 doors.For the water rudder I make it in 2 parts. One is tagged as "water_rudder_deploy" I usualy use a smal box and use it like a hinge. then I make the actual water rudder and tag it using the stock animation as rudder.Then I make it a child part of the "water rudder_deploy" part so it folows the keyframe animation of the deploy part. Also make sure you have a water rudder assigned in the aircraft cfg's contact points or the rudder will not deploy.Brian

I know I have tagged the rwater rudders just like you said, but can't find a contact point in the .cgf file. I know how to make contact points, but how do I label it so that I can make the water rudders move? Thanks

open up the aircraft cfg of the default caravan on floats with notepad.in the contact points section there is a list of numbers. the one you want is the one that is listed something like:Point.X = 5, -9.4418, 0, -4.0095, 2500, 0, 0, 40, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0 (this is copied from one of my projects) X being the next consecutive contact point. Water rudders are point class 5, floats are point class 4. 2 denotes scrape points and 1 define wheels.the next numbers are the coordinates of the point -9.4418 is the longitudinal location (-is aft of the COG) 0 is the left right location and -4.0095 is the vertical location. (- is below the COG)the 40 is the steering angle of the water rudder, same goes for nose/tail wheelshope this helpsBrian

Thanks Brian. Worked better than granny's homemade medicine:)))