Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

User Modifiable N Numbers

Guest luhiss

MakeMDL SDK makes mention of a part called DECAL_NNUMBER. Does this allow for the user to choose an tail number and if so, how do I set it up? Or is there another way? I did a search on the forum but came up dry. Thanks in advance for your help!Luhiss

Guest luhiss

Thanks so much for such a descriptive explanation. Much appreciated!Got it to work without a hitch.Luhiss

Bill, is that feature available for models created with FSDS2? It'd be great if all planes were made to use the decal function.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

>Bill, is that feature available for models created with >FSDS2? It'd be great if all planes were made to use the >decal function. I see no reason why not! After all, it's an FS2k2 thing, nothing peculiar to GMax... The 'key' is to name the part decal_nnumber, and make sure that the texture applied is named decal_nnumber. Copy the texture file over to the texture folder and you should be good to go! :)

>Thanks so much for such a descriptive explanation. Much >appreciated! >>Got it to work without a hitch. You are most welcome!

>MakeMDL SDK makes mention of a part called DECAL_NNUMBER. >Does this allow for the user to choose an tail number and if >so, how do I set it up? Or is there another way? I did a >search on the forum but came up dry. Thanks in advance for >your help! Create a small, rectangular planar surface on which to apply the texture. Name the part decal_nnumber and apply a texture named decal_nnumber.bmp (or .tga your choice). If you use a .bmp, make sure it is saved as 8 bit so that it will show up in GMax. If you use a targa file (.tga) you can use 24 bit and save it as decal_nnumber.bmp (24 bit) in the a/c's /texture folder.Clone the part for the opposite side and rotate the part to face the correct direction. Do NOT "mirror" the part!In the following picture, you can see the left side part in GMax, and how the part was named and textured in the Material Editor.Now, the 'customer' can personalize the registration at run time. Set the 'default registration' via the aircraft.cfg fileHave fun!