Sign in to follow this  

GPS Waypoints

I was wondering if there was a way using XML or a normal gauge to add a "fix" to the default Microsoft GPS. For example, when I am flying around, I want to define a FIX called "MOOSE" then have it show it as a triangle in the GPS window. I could supply the fix coordinates as lat/long or radial/DME. Any idea what variables I need to access to do this?Thank youPilotWings

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PilotWings,As long as you want to add a single waypoint (i.e. your FIX MOOSE) to the end of a current flight plan, you should be able to look at SDK.flightmap.c (AddNewWayPoint) and follow the example there.Caveat (big one!! :-jumpy ):I am presently trying to do some things similar to what you are asking, and am not having much luck. I am going to be posting some questions to this forum, and hopefully someone will be kind enough to lead me onto the right path.Later, and good luck.RL_AVSIM:-newbie

Hi, It is possible to make your own gps with xml only; no maps however!Search in the forums the discussions about the great circle routes.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Open a flight plan ... they end in pln in the my flight folder[flightplan]title=KCOS to KASEdescription=KCOS, KASEtype=VFRroutetype=2cruising_altitude=14000departure_id=KCOS, N38* 48.94', W104* 41.14', +006183.99departure_position=17Ldestination_id=KASE, N39* 13.90', W106* 52.38', +007819.99departure_name=City Of Colorado Springs Mundestination_name=Aspen-Pitkin Co/Sardywaypoint.0=KCOS, A, N38* 48.94', W104* 41.14', +006183.99,waypoint.1=K2BRK, V+LOCWAY, N38* 56.67', W104* 38.01', +000000.00,waypoint.2=DBL, V, N39* 26.36', W106* 53.68', +011757.99,waypoint.3=KASE, A, N39* 13.90', W106* 52.38', +007819.99,==========================================This is what I would add at the correct location:waypoint.n=Whocares, U, N40* 39.80',W89* 41.70', +000659,The "U" is the code for a generated waypoint. that is needed because of the distance between known locations. the digits are the altitude and the location as you can see from looking at examples is dd mm.mm

Hi there,I recently programmed a simple Java program to create such a PLN-file.You can find it here: http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m032975...ightPlanner.zipThere's one bug and that is the following:When you save the plan, it will only be saved in the program's directory, and not in the directory you chose. The filename you entered is correct.Greetz,Steven