Sign in to follow this  

a319 corporate jet status part 2

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey dongmo.Great modeling man, looks very accurate. I like the attention in the wingbox-fuse interface.Keep 'em coming, and we will keep constructively criticising you. It just so happens I haven't found anything wrong in this one :-).

Guest Valid_Andy

Very nice!, i am making an A318 and A321 right now, and i just wondered where did you find the airfoil ofr that aircraft, and could you send it to me if you dont have a link please, because your wing looks alot better than mine as my airfoil is way off :-(Very nice - keep going, havent got a clue how u did the wing box!Andy

Guest John_Noppe

:( dang! Man cant wait for all of your projects :( keep it comming :(Greets out of Holland :-wave, John.

Andy,for the overall shape of the wing, i've used airbus 3views and various magazine scanned pics, and for the airfoil profile, i've used a french aerospace magazine catia pic of an a319 wing, plus alot of airliners pics. Airbus data is more difficult to find than boeing or douglas data. If you don't find the 3views at eads.com, then let me know...i'll send you the 3views i've used, plus a gmax file of the first step of the wing, which means just an extrude profile of the wing, without all the work so far done, but i'm sure you'll undersatnd why :-)

Guest Valid_Andy

Hi, Dongmo i looked on that site and i couldn't find any, so could you please send them to me, well, i don't know if the 3 views are any good because i am doing the 21 which is longer and so on, but i really would apprieciate a look at the very start of the wing on the shape you made. Could you email it to me at Dirtjumperandy@hotmail.com, which can also be used for MSN messenger, but you might have to zip it because i can opnly have 1mb of stuff in the inbox. If it is too big i have ICQ:175766398 and AIM : dirtjumperandy which you could send the file over to me on. This is really appreichiated:-) Thanks alotAndy

Hey, I'm curious actually on how you fused the wing with the fuselage. I've been working on a Gulfstream G500 which has a rather difficult wing to fuselage shape. Currently I've been using spline curve techniques to get the correct curves but so far I've had trouble because of the sheer number of curves I have to use. My question then is what technique you used in modeling that particular part of the aircraft.Thanks a bunch!

i have sevaral ways to do that, but the simplest one is to:1-duplicate the wing2-select all the vertices in the same plan, and which are locate near the close to fuse wing side3-erase the other vertices4-create polys using those vertices5-replace the pivot point of the new part at the train side of the wing6-duplicate the related part and rotate them with a constant increment of angle7-merge all the parts8-then, use the new vertices location to create the new wing-fuse interface9-use ffd to deform that part according to the plane you are buildingyes, it's a bit strange, and maybe a pic will have been better. try it and if it does not work, i'll see what i can do to helpLater

I'm not sure I'm completely clear on the initial steps. I'd show you what I have so far, but unfortunately I'm at work at the moment. Perhaps if you could provide a few pictures it would most helpful.Thanks a bunch.