Sign in to follow this  

K: Events Questions?

[h5] Just trying to figure out all the view options and was wondering what some of these mean and what exactly do they "set"?1] KEY_VIEW1_MODE_SET Actually it's 1 & 2; What defines view 1 or 2? In the panel cfg? And how would one use this in a simple xml gau?2] KEY_VIEW_MODE Lost on this one too,3] KEY_VIEW ???4] KEY_VIEW_TYPE, KEY_VIEW_TYPE_SET Seems like my # 1,2,3Another thing maybe Arne can help me with. Event IDs are not explained anywhere, so unless you have been told what this and that does and just how you use or express it in your xml, you are just guessing. Some of the items are clear but how one would use a certain key event is not. I know they mirror actual key assignments that change the state of FS, but knowing this does not explain how to use them in xml. Let me give an example. Opening or closing a certain panel is easy = 9(>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) or 9(>K:PANEL_ID_OPEN) and (>K:PANEL_9), but the rest a mostly a blurr on how to apply in the xml itself. Would it be difficult to explain what most of the K events actually do and maybe some clear examples of how or even why one would use them?[/h5] [h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I was never able to find out which meaning all these VIEW_... events actually have. All you can do is, try out and see what happens.Arne Bartels

I was able to go from panel view to virtual cockpit with a switch that also opened a small panel to set important things from VC. This panel also included a switch that took me right back to panel mode again.I don't have the gauge available here, but if still interrested I can check into it.All those different VIEW events are sure confusing...