Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Possible to check K: Variables with XML?

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi All,Just a simple question. Is it possible to scan the position of a K: variable? For example: I have a switch in which one of the functions is (>K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE). In another function I have to check if there is a hydraulic failure or not (not if the switch is pressed or not). Unfortunately I found no A: variable for the hydraulic failure. Is it possible to scan:(K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE) 1 == if{ ......} ?I don't think so as there is no boolean variable in the K: variable to check. But how could this be done? Or does anybody know an A: variable for checking the hydralic failure? (A:Eng1 Hydraulic Pressure) is not possible as the checking should be done with OR without a running engine.Hope someone could help!Best RegardsMatthias

Hi,Altough not real I use in several combinations:(A:General eng1 oil temperature, celsius), (A:Hydraulic1 reservoir percent, percent), (A:ENG1 HYDRAULIC PRESSURE,psi), (A:TURB ENG1 BLEED AIR,psi), some elec stuff, etc. etc. etc. if{ (K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE) }Happens very seldom, and 1 use the RAT to "restore" the Hydraulics.With some (P:Absolute time, ....) 3 and (G:Var)'s you can let it happen every hour or so.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Why not simply set the bool value of a custom variable that you can read? Whatever conditions that will toggle the hydraulic failure can just as easily set the value of a custom variable at the same time... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Hi,@Jan: Unfortunately this doens't work. A scan of the engine hydrailic values always gibe back False if the engines are off. No matter if there is a hydraulic failure or not.@Bill: The problem is a little bit harder than it seems. The switch itself is a custom (L:) variable which toggles about seven different hydraulic functions (including gust locks for elevator aileron and rudder). With all other values it works perfect. Unfortunately not with the hydraulic failure. The problem is that the Flightsimulator switches the hydraulic failue itself sometimes (please do not ask me when or when not - the only thing I found out is that it just happens when the engines are off and the aicraft has no electricity). What now happens is that when I press the switch now, six systems were switched on (as they should) and the hydraulic failure is also switched on (but should be switched off). Some things work now and others not. That's why I want to include an If scan to the switch which first check the hydraulic failure. If there is no hydraulic failure the swich should not switch it. If there is a hydraulic failure the failure should be switched off when moving the switch to on. Unfortunately the hydraulic failure function is the only one which takes care about the functionality of the flaps. That's hy I hve to use it.Maybe one of you have another idea of how to realize it.Best RegardsMatthias

Matthias,Did you try:(A:CIRCUIT HYDRAULIC PUMP ON)?Perhaps you can use the "state" of the flaps too, they are hydraulically driven.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi,I use this one to test my hydraulics, you probably too, but for the record: (A:HYDRAULIC SYSTEM INTEGRITY,bool)Up until now (A:CIRCUIT HYDRAULIC PUMP ON,bool) didn't give an indication.May be you can do something with the A:Var.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Btw.(A:HYDRAULIC SYSTEM INTEGRITY,bool) works, but the lights come off, when the engines are off.So the check shows more or less the same as (A:ENG1 HYDRAULIC PRESSURE,psi); That is why i include (>K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE) when pressing (>K:TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY); of course not so realistic, but it works ok. After engine start-up Hyd Press is still impaired, but after pressing the Hyd Pump Switches the pressure becomes normal and rudder, ailerons, flaps etc. become operable.In case of a "random" Hydraulic Failure i simulate Altn Flaps by including (>K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE) with (>K:Flaps_Up and Down) or by pressing the RAT.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi Jan,Thank you very much for your big efforts. I've tried a couple of things but had to find out that it seems not possible to scan the variable and position of the hydraulic failure value when the engines are off. I've also made a lot of tests to find out when the flightsimulator toggles the variable itself. Also with no luck. I decide to use the gauge now as it is. In 95 from 100 situations it works. Well, an element of risk remains but I think I could live with it.Best RegardsMatthias

Matthias,A text with (A:CIRCUIT HYDRAULIC PUMP ON,BOOL) shows, independant of the state of the engines, immediately "ON", when you switch the Master Battery on.So i think it is direct linked.Jan"Procul Negotiis"