Sign in to follow this  

[LIGHTS] section of the cfg

Now here is a question to all of you who has been tinkering with lighting and smoke effects in the aicraft.cfg fileThe FS2002 as the FS2004 both allow for maximum of the 8 light sources.. Now has anyone got any idea if this could be overrided?For example if wanted to have 10 of them on at the same time.. is it possible? and if it is how?Also light types.... I know the basic ones, like 1 is beacons, 5 is landing etc... what about the others? Like taxi light or logo, or wing scan does anyone know what are those numbers?And the last question, is does anyone know a good manual about the editing the fx files, the oficial sdk is just not that good in explaining that.Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you mean the 8-light hardware limit, it is still there, although I haven't tested if the blend is as aweful/disfunctioning as it was when the limit was exceeded in fs2002. I.e. if you can live with the beacon only being a flasher that doesn't actually illuminate the aircraft (like the strobes) you can always recode the effect to a nonblend (or no-light? can't remember) type of effect.If the light effects (and positions) are now 100% identical to what they were in FS2002, at least now the novc switch seem to work better, as there are now no light interferance. Althought hese weren't the default ones...I guess the same list of light still applies as it was in Fs2002, but future SDK's will tell us more I guess. Do a search for light and electrical, and I'm sure something is bound to come up, don't have that list available right now.

You can have a maximum of 18 lights written into the light section of the aircraft config. Of those, you can only have 5 fx lights that actually cast a light source onto the model, such as tail logo splashes etc. Any more than that and they won't display properly.The beacons and strobes reflecting off of the fuselage are fine. In other words, you can put 18 strobes on your aircraft and it will be ok. But the large splashes that are used for the nose and wing, logo etc are limited to the 5.The different types are;1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=nose gearMikehttp://sgair.net/mike/mike/mike_small.jpg

>The different types are;>1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=nose>gearActually Mike, there are nine electrical 'busses' available:[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logoBillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Bill,I have found the same as you (9 types) but I can only find 6 documented. I have used type 6-9 for my afterburner/flame gauge (file rcbab-10.zip), but do you know if there are any aircraft out there that actually use types 7, 8 or 9 ??And if these types are supported by FS2004 ??(usually thing like logo and wing lights are coupled to types 1-5)Cheers, Rob

>Bill,>>I have found the same as you (9 types) but I can only find 6>documented. I have used type 6-9 for my afterburner/flame>gauge (file rcbab-10.zip), but do you know if there are any>aircraft out there that actually use types 7, 8 or 9 ??>And if these types are supported by FS2004 ??>(usually thing like logo and wing lights are coupled to types>1-5)As a matter of fact, yes. There are at least two a/c that use those light ID's: the Beechjet 400A and the Premier I... :) Soon, a Citation 2, Citation X and Citation Excel will join in with them.The 'wing inspection lights' use the appropriate bus, and the 'logo' bus is being used by the 'daytime panel floods autoswitch.'Actually, there are many others that do as well, that's where I learned about 'em! :)And yes, they continue to be supported in Fs2004...BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Speaking of lights, take time out for a good laugh. Only takes seconds.From 8000 above North Platte this morning. One of the last places you would see "fireworks" on July 17 during the day and night. Unless, the "fireworks" were inco.... from ???? ;-)http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/23637.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/23635.jpgAdd these lines to the light section of your aircraft config.light.n = 3, 200, 0, 0, fx_firework9light.n+1 = 3, 250, 0, 0, fx_firework8light.n=2 = 3, 2000, 0, 0, fx_firework1For the folks who don't tamper and change cfg files, "n" is the next available light in the list. Keep adding in sequence. The firework files start at 1 and end with 15. See what happens the next time you cycle the nav light switch. It is best to be in the air so you can avoid the cinders. ;-) They work day or night with the cycling of a button. If Fr. Bill would tell us how to turn on the logo switch you could use it to start the show.We all have the fx_firework(n) as they came with FS2002 and are used at Vegas.Set back and experience FS2002 as you never have before. It only takes a couple of lines in the Lights section of the aircraft config file.Regards,BobS

>Add these lines to the light section of your aircraft config.>>light.n = 3, 200, 0, 1, fx_firework9>light.n+1 = 3, 250, 0, 0, fx_firework8>light.n=2 = 3, 2000, 0, 0, fx_firework1> If Fr. Bill would tell us how to turn on the logo switch you could>use it to start the show.Cool! To change the switch assignment, simply edit the first number in each sequence to whatever one you like. For example:light.n=s,200,0,1,fx_firework9where s= the number of the switch bus. LOGO is 9.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Thanks Bill,What I should have asked is,(A:Light logo,bool) Is "Light logo" the correct syntax? We haven't rebuilt all of our references since our c drive "update" and this "light thing" was just a quick check of a hunch. All effects can be turned on via a light toggle if you link them in the aircraft config file to a "switch"? I wonder if one can toggle an effect based on other parameters, like airspeed > 300 knts? Or abs vertical speed >1000 fpm? That could have some value beyond just having fireworks when you want them. That will get the "new" owners attention in a hurry!Just thought of a real use ... Corporate jets now have the option avaible for anti sam systems. Put these fireworks off to the side and the rear of the aircraft and it should cover your six! I bet you can get this option on the new Premier? You would certainly want to add it to any model of AF 1. sidebar...I didn't know it, but the lables inside the "<" can be "anything" you wish as long as they are in pairs. They are not "reserved words".Regards,BobS

>Thanks Bill,>>What I should have asked is,>(A:Light logo,bool) >>Is "Light logo" the correct syntax? Here is the exact code needed for a "LOGO Lights Switch." All you need supply are the on/off bitmaps, and edit the "ImageSizes=" to match the size of the bitmaps you use.- - - (A:LIGHT LOGO,bool) - - - >We haven't rebuilt all of our references since our c drive>"update" and this "light thing" was just a quick check of a>hunch. All effects can be turned on via a light toggle if you>link them in the aircraft config file to a "switch"? That is correct.>I wonder if one can toggle an effect based on other>parameters, like airspeed > 300 knts? Or abs vertical speed>>1000 fpm? That could have some value beyond just having>fireworks when you want them. That will get the "new" owners>attention in a hurry!That is easily done as well. I'm not bothering with exact XML syntax here, (a) because it's hard to read and understand since it's a bit on the backwards side, and (:( I'm lazy and don't want to 'look it up!' :)If (A:Airspeed select indicated or true,knots) > 300 THEN (>K:TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS)There are several examples of XML guages available in the Library's "Gauges" section that you can d/l and play with...>sidebar...>I didn't know it, but the lables inside the "<" can be>"anything" you wish as long as they are in pairs. They are>not "reserved words".That is true enough, although FS won't know what do to do with 'unrecognized words...' :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg