Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

FS2004 doesn't support flexing wings

Guest panzerschiffe

Since FS2004 doesn't allow wings to be flexed in the normal way, there's been some new aircraft developed that use a XML gauge to control the wing flexing. How is this achieved?

Alvaro, greetings from Venezuela!One plane that does what you mention is Alan Kaiser's Rutan Voyager. The XML gauge (the only one in the Voyager.cab gauge file) do deploy the spoiler when 45 knots are reached. So you must asign the wing flexing animation to the spoiler. If the aircraft is also equiped with spoilers, I haven't think to which other control you can link the animation.I hope this helps,Alejandro Irausquinwww.tooumchfs.com/alejandro.htmHow Much FS is too much FS?www.toouchfs.com

Guest PAtom

ahem?fs2k4 doesnt support flexwing by the normal way? do you talk about tagging the wings as (compressing) gear like many designers do for fs2k2? and if yes, is the compressing gear animation also not working in fs2k4?cheerstom

FS2004 not supporting wing flex? That's bs. Why would FS2002 support it and then FS2004 won't? I know a beta tester who has flown POSKY and MelJet heavies in FS04 and their wings flex perfectly. I also have seen pics that show that the wings flex too. I don't know about you but if there isn't wingflex in FS2004, I'm sticking to FS2002. Explain this pic from FS2004:http://www.fsgateway.net/meljet777/images/mj59.jpg

Oh man dude. I just tried just to confirm your obvious misunderstanding, and yes, MelJet's 777 DOES flex in FS9.FS does not support flexing wings BY DEFAULT. You cannot TAG them directly in gMax, got it? You have to FAKE them, as explained e. g. with spoilers. Of course they do work, because they are properly faked!

Guest panzerschiffe

Yeah I misunderstood the situation. The method of using an XML gauge to flex the wings is what apparently doesn't work in FS9. The typical way works. Oops!