Sign in to follow this  
Mariopilot

Virtual cockpits and ACTPub's AD 2002 HELP WANTED!!

HI! Seems I wrote the same message 3 times but never worked...something was wrong....I'm Mario Noriega, Aircraft Designer workoing with ACT's AD 20002. Maybe yopu know one of my planes, here an example:http://www.actpub.com/g222b.jpgThe matter is the vitrtual cockpit thing...the tutorials say to create a planar surface textured with a $Dummy.bmp file, in power of 2 size and 8bit indexed...no nedd to be in the AC's texture folder, as FS ignores it...the problem is that: FS seems not to ignore the texture, but unable to load it, maybe 'cos of the "$"....checked the [vcocpit01] section and is OK...but itm does not work anyway...tried to remove the $ and FS loads the texture, but this removes the VC capibilty of the planar thing....it's just a plane thing made of two triangles making a square together....as FS now loads only triangles in the new MDL format... the square thing keeps viewable and the gauges don't appear....apart the texture name, what else is needed inside the MDL?I'm not a HEX expert, but I may understand...if you also know something about AD 2002 way of working, let me know....NEED HELP!! Mario Noriega (Mariopilot), A.C.T. Publishing Freeware group www.actpub.com

signature.jpg

Guest Milton

The $Dummy.bmp is used by FS to get the coordinates of the planar only. The actual background bmp to be applied to the planar is specified in the panel.cfg in the filename= parameter of the vcockpit section and the texture bmp must be in the Panel Folder.Milton

Thanks Milton...The problem is I know this, but it does not work....seems related to some problem of the program that assigns the right "$" in the texture list part of the model, but probably can't write it the correct way into the part containing the planar thing....so FS can't find the correct part where apply the VC instruments....:-newburnAnyway, thanks again...:-waveMario Noriega, A.C.T. Publishing Freeware divisionhttp://www.actpub.com/ad2k2ban2.jpg

signature.jpg