Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

How to install new aircraft for fs2002

Hello eveybodyI'm novice in FS and I would like to install some new aircrafts. How can I do that ? Is other program necessary ? Could you give a maximum of informations ?Thank'sBenoit

Guest odog

Its very easy Benoit, I could give you a step by step, but ya know what.. Nearly every plane that you get will have very specific instructions on how to install the plane. to get started go to the "file library" here and find your plane and download it. (make a special folder just for your FS planes) then you need to unzip the file (right click on the file and choose unzip) Inside the newly unzipped folder will be a "readme" or installation instructions.. follow them exactly. some planes will have a "self installer" that does all the work for you, but they are usually not needed on simple planes. You are about to open up a whole new FS world. have fun.joe

Inside the zip, you will almost certainly somewhere find four folders: model, panel, sound and texture. There also should be a file called aircraft.cfg, along with a file ending youraircraft.air.So go to your FS root folder and change to the aircraft subdirectory. Now create a new subdirectory with the name of your new plane. Then copy the model, panel, sound and texture folders into your new aircraft subfolder, also the aircraft.cfg and youraircraft.air.Just look how the default aircraft are placed in their respective directories; it's easier than you think. :-)Good luck!PS. If you still don't manage to get it working, you can drop me a line at etienne@spindler.de with the aircraft you are about to install and I'll try to help you out. ;-)