Sign in to follow this  

Updating FS2002 panels to FS2004?

I have a few FS2002 panels that I really love and would like to know how (if posible) to add/update them so that the FS2004 GPS will work with them? (Laymens terms please)

Guest kurtj

Actually the panels for fs2002 do seem to work with fs2004. I have the 757/767 from Buck Z. or something like that, and it went in very nicely. Also I think the MD-80 panel from Paul Golding goes in too very nicely.

Well, I am no expert whatsoever on panels, but I have hacked the FS2004 GPSes into a couple of FS2002/FS2000 panels. Edit the panel.cfg file of one of the FS2004 planes and find a section that looks like this (this is from the default Cessna 172):[Window02]size_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0Copy that onto your clipboard.Now edit the panel.cfg file of the FS2000/2002 plane you want to add the GPS to. Up near the top, you'll find a section that looks like this (taken from Mike Stone's beautiful Super Constellation):[Window Titles]Window00=Captain's PanelWindow01=RadiosWindow02=Control YokeWindow03=Flight Engineer's PanelIf you don't see a line that says "WindowXX=GPS", add one, just use the next sequential number in line. Window00 is what comes up with Shift-1, Window01 with Shift-2, etc. So that section would then look like this:[Window Titles]Window00=Captain's PanelWindow01=RadiosWindow02=Control YokeWindow03=Flight Engineer's PanelWindow04=GPSNow, paste in the GPS lines you copied, and change the heading in brackets to match the number you added above, thusly:[Window04]size_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0Notice that the title is [Window04] and Window04 is the line you added under Window Titles. Save the panel.cfg. Now you will bring your GPS up every time you hit Shift-5.There may be better ways to do it, but this is the kludge I used to get it to work. :) AND BACK YOUR PANEL.CFG UP FIRST BEFORE CHANGING IT!!