Sign in to follow this  
Guest PAtom

Regarding Heavy Nose in fs9: solved?!

Hi,hope I din't missed it from the long threads here...I played alot (that is actually what I did) with tbl 404 and other already mentioned sections in the air and cfg, bud did not achieve any success, wing apex is off for me also, no effect. Comparing the standard b737 in fs2k2(!) air file I found section 1534 (Wing Center of Lift Offset, from aired.ini). Included it into the airfile and heavvy nose was solved completely in fs9. Three lines in the section, set all to 0. Strange huh, fs9 b7373 is without section 1534.RegardsMartin

Guest S_pitts

Wohaa!!Your new FDE worked perfect for me in FS9 :-hah :-hah :D Keep the good work and I will keep mine ;-)

Yeah, nice to meet you here....that'll be the way we go....not trivial to achieve your standard....:-)

thanks Johan, my problem was exactly that wing_pos_apex didn't effect anything, I set it e.g. to 50 (somewhat very off), no effect, that really made me nerveous. Now I found in a message from Ron, that he already suspected, that 1534 is somehow involved in this complex issue. Again, I don't understand, why 1534 is neccesary for the F100 in fs9, when it is included e.g. in the fs2k2 b737 and NOT in the fs9 version, may be the higher number records replace 1534 or others in the air file do. My wing_apex in fs2k2 was already good, therefore I suspect that 1534 is needed to read and place it from the cfg correctly. Many roads lead to....Regards Martin

Johan, I read about it in the avhistory board and assigned a key as well to reload one or more times, but that is not necessary, because about 50% of my flights are not ended by me (crashes and freezes). Therefore I have to reboot, if this won't change a thing....I have already set wing apex, or let's better say it is determined by the very very accurate visual model. But it is not considered by fs9 without table 1534 in the air, that's the issue. 1534 was included in the fs2k2 b737, but is missing in the fs9 b737 air and was not included in my Fokker air, where apex was detected correctly by fs2k2. That makes me contemplative.Regards Martin

Guest PhilipManwaring

Curious - how did you add section 1534 into the airfile? I've tried doing it with Airupdate but it won't add this section. I'm still learning AirEd, but it doesn't seem to have a way to add a section to an existing air file.

>Curious - how did you add section 1534 into the airfile? I've>tried doing it with Airupdate but it won't add this section.>I'm still learning AirEd, but it doesn't seem to have a way to>add a section to an existing air file. Sure it does... right click on section 1534 and "Copy to Clipboard"Open the target .air file, highlight any entry and right click. Select "Add from Clipboard"BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest PhilipManwaring

Thanks much! I'm still learning .. as you can tell :)

And don't forget to edit the three parameters in 1534 (if you simply import from the standard b737), I suggest you set them to zero first to prevent overriding or confusing your settings in the cfg.Ciao Martin

Guest PhilipManwaring

This did the trick! Thanks guys for helping me along the way. I've tried this now on both the PF100 and Charles Fox 727 FDE. It seems that FS2004 is ignoring the lift vector origin settings in the .CFG file in favor of the .AIR file. For instance, in Charles' 727 file, the .AIR file set the apex further back than the .CFG file. In FS2002 this worked fine, but in FS2004 I had move them into agreement. Now the 727 is no longer any more nose heavy than it's meant to be. Now I have one more AirEd question (please let me know if there are comprehensive docs somewhere): how do I edit the nice graphical tables such as Table 404? Right now I'm doing these with AirUpdate in Excel, which is fine, but I was wondering if minor corrections could be made via AirEd.

Yes, this is a job for AirEd. Open the table and use your horizontal arrow keys to move on the x-axis. The vertical keys are meant to change the y-values. Press enter to save your settings. I suggest you have a look at www.aircraftmanager.com, there is another editor (Aircraft Airfile Manager) available as freeware. You can get a manual for free also. Many aspects are explained and it comes with an enhanced aired.ini in co-operation with Ron Freimuth, what do you need more? And don't fish in my pond, the PF100 airfile..... ;-)Regards Martin

Guest PhilipManwaring

Martin,Thank you so much for all your help on this. I didn't realize that you were the one behind the PF100 air file - the PF100 is one of my favorite aircraft to fly thanks in large part to your efforts. Please rest assured that my updates are only for my own use until an official update is released. I just didn't want to live without my F100 in FS9!Thanks again,Philip.