Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

Legacy Just About Ready For Release ...

Guest Fly1

Well, I have finished the flight files. Boy what a b**ch!!!!!! But man does she fly nice, at least I think so. Bob Samuelson donated the original files, and I have kept his engine work, but I did a major revamp of the aerodynamics. Tooooooooo Smoooooooth!! May not be 100% but good enough for me, and I think a few of ya'll will like it.Now I just need to do some minor detail work, and whip up a brief flight manual, and she will be ready to go, FINALLY. Hopefully if everything goes OK she will be out in a few more weeks. First version will be for FS2002, with a FS2004 version as soon as I work out the texture and flight issues.Gotta run, Cheers to All!!Bob C.

Bob:What a beauty! That's really something... I'll get it as soon as you release it. I'm new here, but I've find many talented simmers willing to help!Thanks to all!

It looks outstanding--this one will certainly be amongst the top library picks, I think...-John

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Bob,She looks great, and the panel is great too! Nice night lighting, and working gauges on external view, I love it.

Sad to see it wont work correctly in FS2004!But I guess I'll need to reinstall FS2002 again.

Guest Fly1

Thanks all. Really appreciate it!!!And yes Bill, I want to put a bit more night lighting in, but I have to play with the way the right side gauges are installed. I have changed the panel/gauges/radio stack layout several times shooting for as little impact on performance as possible when in the VC. I had a nice freeware Garmin stack in before that looked great, but it kept crashing the system, so I tossed it and went back to the tried and true for the moment. Problem I am having now is it appears FS only allows 60 degrees max on spoiler angle. I made a spoiler add-on, but since it is a blade type mounted vertically on top at mid wing and rotates 90 degrees I guess I am SOL. If I am missing something again and someone knows a way around this please let me know.Well, thats it for today. Thanks again!!Bob C.

>Problem I am having now is it appears FS only allows 60>degrees max on spoiler angle. I made a spoiler add-on, but>since it is a blade type mounted vertically on top at mid wing>and rotates 90 degrees I guess I am SOL. If I am missing>something again and someone knows a way around this please let>me know.Bob, have you tried key-frame animation for the spoilers? Even though the max in FS is 60

Guest Fly1

Duh, well the light bulb finally came on. As you mentioned Bill, I did have the animation portion set up on the model, but the error was where I put the position markers on the time line. In my haste I had put the end position at 200, instead of at 100. Works great now. Oh how I love those simple fixes. Well back to the shop.LaterBob C.