Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

All FS9 designers, please read

Guest odog

Hey gang, I just want to bring up something that has been discussed before, but has yet to be put into action. There is no need for a seperate "gauges" folder with your uploads. Simply place all your gauges into the panel folder. This makes deletion of an aircraft easier, we no longer have to search through the gauge folder for troublesome or unused gauges. just trying to keep things simple :-)joe

Guest FelixFFDS

The only comment I would make is that you could easily duplicate the same gauge many times over if each is in the aircraft's panel folder rather than a generic "gauges" folder.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Felix is completely right, so each of us has to find the best compromise between the 2 possibilitities:1) Gauge files in the "Gauges" directory:- No risk of gauge duplication (saves disk space)- Difficult to manage, you must use a gauge cleaner to make sure that no unused gauges are still in this directory2) Gauge files in the "panel" sub-directory:- You may have the same gauge duplicated in several directories if it is used by several panels- Easy management: when you want to delete an aircraft, you just have to delete its directory and all its sub-directories, including the "panel" one that includes the gauges.In my opinion, the second solution is the best because more and more aircrafts come with their own panel, which includes specific gauges for this panel.This is my 2 cents...Eric

Guest ronalito

I am for solution 2 two.Maybe a silly question I just am not sure if it make sense:- Is it possible to re-direct the gauge like the panel or sound between planes with the same set of gauges to save space ? 8actually who does save space today?(!!!)s r c

Guest jlwoodward

How does FS9 handle the zip files for some panels? Also, some planes have just one .gau file that apparently contains several gauges. I don't understand yet how any of these work.I have a plane where I want to use the DC3 radio stack, so I had to put the whole zip file in its panel file. Now, I am thinking I could just unzip the file and extract the gauges I want from it.ThanksJohn Woodward

My Airbus panels also use a single gauge. For example, the A320 gauges are grouped into a single file named... A320.gauThe file is not zipped, it is just a way of organizing several "sub-gauges" in a single gauge file that exists since FS2000. Don't try to unzip this kind of gauge, it is impossible.Eric

>My Airbus panels also use a single gauge. For example, the>A320 gauges are grouped into a single file named... A320.gauSure, that's the reson for multigauges. I anyway think any add on with a complete panel should do it that way... Just makes not much sense having dozens of gauges like B737att.gau, B737alt.gau, B737hsi.gau or whatever... Just awful to manage such stuff. :-)Just my