Sign in to follow this  

DVC: swapped gauges...

Hi everybody!!OK..this guy is driving you nuts wiuth that story about DVCs...NOW I TELL YOU ,THAT I MANAGED TO MAKE IT WORK!!!Well, the problem was, that I needed for some unknown reasons to include the .bmp in the texture= field of the (vcockpit01) section...Another problem comes to me: gauges are upside down!!!it's a matter of texture mapping, but I have not an option to invert Y axis...but some tutorials I read never mentioned toi swap Y axis....It's also a CFG matter??So AD2002 can build your DVC right, but upside down...Why not designing physically your DVC upside down and then twisting it of 180 deg. with atransfpormation instruction??nobody used that, but if you tell me there's no way to swap gauges upside - up (:+ ) then I'll use that (hoping this not to spoil gauges...can a VC gauge be for instance applied on a moving yoke, for instance?? Ifd the answer is yes, no problem about using that not-very-ortodox system (LoL)So, the matter is if I can place gauges on animated things...Or if I can make the gauges be not reversed without changing the texture instrution...the strange thing is taht the texture is: the upper corner in the upper corner of the planar surface... I can swap right-left, so swappingit gaufgges are like rotated of 180 deg. , not like flipped down...yes, if they are flipped down rotating the DVC will not solve the problem...how you can help to this guy always asking strange things???OK, I'm going to explore that strange matter about VC lightning textures...but if the VC light map is $name_L.bmp, the $ will make FS bypass it....so I need to name it just name_L.bmp....open the MDL with hex editor, and then remove the $ form the file name...Yes, in AD2002 the names are linked, and no way to escap

signature.jpg

>Hi everybody!!>OK..this guy is driving you nuts wiuth that story about>DVCs...>NOW I TELL YOU ,THAT I MANAGED TO MAKE IT WORK!!!>Well, the problem was, that I needed for some unknown reasons>to include the .bmp in the texture= field of the (vcockpit01)>section...>Another problem comes to me: gauges are upside down!!!>it's a matter of texture mapping, but I have not an option to>invert Y axis...but some tutorials I read never mentioned toi>swap Y axis....I have to ask... Have you actually read the exhaustive tutorial that's linked at the very top of this forum? I spent a great many hours writing it, so I would hope it would be useful!It walks you step by step through the process of creating a virtual cockpit AND covers gauge lighting in exhaustive detail.You of course have to "translate" it to your modeling program (whatever it is), but I know that many have used it successfully with both GMax & FSDS2. The principles remain the same, regardless of the program you use to model with... :)By the way, the $ prefix on the .bmp file used to texture the projection poly is required, it is a flag to FS to "auto-generate" a texture for you at runtime. The emissive texture you use to illuminate the gauges is the same name, but without the $ prefix, and with a _L suffix appended. For example$main_panel.bmp <== dynamic gauge texturemain_panel_L.bmp <== emmissive lightmap textureBillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg