Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

ESOUNDS ----Perhaps a blessing to create sounds......

Guest grb

Hi all,For the past two days I have been trying to update my FSUIPC to the lastest release and concurrently configure and program a new packageI downloaded at this site called ESOUND.....just do search for "esound" and you will find the lastest release.OK what is ESOUND? It is a dll that you put in your modules dir. What it does is allow you to sense various simulator/aircraft events then play a specified sound wav file. I do not know who wrote the application but plan on finding out so I can ask them some questions.Peter Dowson (guy that created and maintains FSUIPC) provided a nicedocument about how to use ESOUND. But he makes it clear that he does not use it nor will he support it.For anyone that has been seeking to be able to create sounds (from anywav file that exists in their F98/F7/F8/F9 simulator....based on various methods such as C programmed interface events, where one writes the C code interface to talk to FSUIPC/ESOUND, to then play a specific wav file upon senseing a given aircraft event, or would just like to try the package out, where they tell it to play a given sound for a given aircraft event, much as some of us are attempting to do with XML gauges..............might find the package of interest.Catch. In order for the ESOUND dll to sense a given aircraft event,what we call a K Event ID such as "K:Airspeed mach machs" in XMLGauge programming..................ONE MUST BE USING AT LEASTFSUIPC 2.9.9. OK, if you download the newest FSUIPC it is 3.0.6and should run correctly on any FS2K2 or F9 simulator box.Now why am I making note of this package? Because as some of you have read my recent ####........we have so few Aircraft events wecan set up in a XML gauge to then trigger a sound on. And in some cases, doing so seems to foul up the panel gauge function in a given aircraft. SO................THIS PACKAGE MAY BE A BLESSING for those of us that would like to have up to 256 programmble event/sounds produced.OK. So how successful have I been so far with this new package?I have gotten a wave file to play when I depress the Joy Sticks second button...........I hear the programmed wav file sound....a ding dong in this case. BUT here is the catch..............And I am currently trying to get some answers at the SimFlight Forum where Peter Dowson has hisFSUIPC forum located.I have not been able to sense lets say MACH = 1.00 and have a wav file produce a sound (boom anyone!) I am not sure but I suspect thelist of available events in ESOUNDS is archiac (perhaps for F98 or at latest FS2000) But..........then the author indicates that the package is fully supported for FS2K2 and FS2K4.For you fine folks that are only into XML gauge developement this package has no worth! If anything....it would be used to replace XML gauges that are specifically designed to produced sounds only based on some particular aircraft/simulator condition.For example in ESOUND: 1=MACH=>1.00 & MACH <= 1.01,3,2Would ask the app to sense for when the aircraft exceeded mach 1, thenfind and play the wav file (3) that is contained in a section of theesound config file [sounds] that tell it item 3 should play a givenwav file, and lastly in the above snipit of code, the 2 would tell it to play the sound to a sound device 2, which can be configured to play from a given speaker channel etc... Just an idea of what to expect.............BUT THE SOUND IS NOT PRODUCED ..........SO I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUTWHY NOT. AND IF IT TURNS OUT THE DESIGNER OF ESOUND IS WILLING, HAVE THEM TRUELY UPGRADE THE PACKAGE SO THAT IT WILL RECOGNIZE EVERY K:EVENT IN FS2K2 AND FS2K4. Then this package would appear to havesome real good use to some of us.So what I am doing in this thread is telling all who read it that theymay want to explore the capabilities of this ESOUND package found at AVSIM. For those that are up on gauge design using C programming,it appears that there is a lot in the package that they might find interesting, and perhaps very usefull, for it certainly does provide a very easy way to trigger up to 256 sounds. And it even allows one to program for a given Aircraft, so that only that particular aircraft would use a given 256 wav file in a particular way that would differ from another aircraft.Hope this info has some worth to some of you. Lastly, perhaps some of you have already exhausted the capabilities of ESOUND and found it quite usless! If so perhaps you could warn the rest of us to simply forget this program app exists!I am being verbose to try to give the reader a good idea as to what I found out about said package. cheers all,George

Guest grb

WARNING ALL:I suggested to you folks that this ESOUND APP may be worth looking into. It was made prior to me finding out there is a HITCH!The hitch is:I discovered that once I installed the newest FSUIPC Version 3.0.6on my computer, that.......I CANNOT ANY LONGER FIND FIND ANY AIRCRAFTACTIVITY......THAT IS THE NEWEST FSUIPC MODULE DOES NOT RECOGNIZE ANYTHIRD PARTY ADD-ONS TO FS2K2. So......I no longer have the Traffic Controller package active..........so I do not see any aircraft inmy radar screen (AIMAP) nor do I see any planes taking off, landing,nor flying in the air. When I go to the top menu in the sim and click on the FSUIPC module .........and go to the registration screen... I find that no third party apps are active and that I must provide a third party application KEY NUMBER etc.. In other words, the new FSUIPC PACKAGE (any later then ver. 3.0.0) will require you to REGISTER (PAY PETER DOWSON 20 EUROS OR 22 $USA DOLLARSto register your FSUIPC MODULE)........end result is it will detect and find any third party software.Now I am not unhappy nor displeased with Peter Dowson's decision tostart charging peope for his product. THAT IS NOT THE INTENT HERE.THE INTENT IS TO WARN YOU THAT PERHAPS YOU DO NOT WANT TO DOWNLOADTHE NEWEST FSUIPC MODULE IN ORDER TO MAKE USE OF THE ESOUND PROGRAMI HAD TODAY MENTIONED IN THIS FORUM.Without a FSUIPC version later then ver. 2.9.8 the "Easy Way To SetUp programmed sounds for various Aircraft events............WILL NOTBE ACTIVE IN THE ESOUND PACKAGE I MENTIONED.So Readers beware............unless you are willing to register andpay for the newest FSUIPC program ...........the ESOUND program may be of little use to you, or worst, of no use at all.As of this writting I have removed the FSUIPC ver. 3.0.6 from my machine and re-installed the prior last version (2.9.5) I had thatallowed for all third party packages to run on FS2K2 while the FSUIPCdll was running. And thus with this action restored Traffic Controller and other third party apps I have running for FS2K2, a Weather app for instance.So sorry to even bring up the possiblities that the ESOUND package may have offered many of us. I hate to have you guys downloading the lastest FSUIPC package and then the ESOUND package only to have to go through what I just described.So reader beware of what is written above!take care,George

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Or simply use FS9 with none of these fsuipc addons. Sorry, but fsuipc is no longer a requirement for me, and "free" addons requiring this software will not get downloaded, again, by me.I'm still logging a severe amount of hours of modified (by me) default aircraft :) So it is possible to live without...Btw; sound support should be supported by standard package, right out of the box, via xml. Why are all those click.wav's spread in the installation if they (MS) didn't plan for this? Hey, if we're lucky, we *might* be able to hear custom sounds in FS2010. I've added sound myself now through xml (using effecttriggered barn.wav hack), unfortunately it only supports one sound...

Hi, Just to mention:FSx-FS5-FS98-FS2002-FS2004...Only thing i use:1. 3 pictures from Airliners.net.2. Freeware gauges and sounds without the need of....3. Mspaint.4. XML.5. FS20046. Forum'sResult:Still busy with my 767-300, now almost 98% realistic.Still a lot of fun.2% to go for the next years.Jan"Procul Negotiis"