Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

What's wrong with this clickspot code?

Guest Bryan

Hi,I'm trying to add a clickspot to the PMDG 737 radio panel so that when you click the clickspot the radio panel closes. Am not having much luck on what should be a very simple piece of code, which I basically copied from another guy who made hidden clickspots for the PSS Airbus:XML Code:- - RADIO_STACK_PANEL (>K:PANEL_ID_CLOSE)Config Code:[Window08] // PMDG_RADIO_STACK_PANELfile=737NG_RADIO_BACKGROUND.bmp file_1024=737NG_RADIO_BACKGROUND.bmp size_mm=800,600position=8visible=0Background_color=0,0,0 ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELgauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!RadioBackLight, 0, 0, 165, 455gauge01=PMDG_737NG_RADIOS!PMDG_737NG_RADIOS, 0, 0, 800, 600gauge02=737Clickspots!Close, 400, 400, 34, 34Thanks if you can help!

Guest bartels

I'm not sure if RADIO_STACK_PANEL or IDENT_RADIO_STACK_PANEL is defined for xml, try 50 instead (that's the value of IDENT_RADIO_STACK_PANEL in C). Or use a selfdefined, but identical numeric value for "ident=" and ... (>PANEL_ID_CLOSE).Arne Bartels

Guest Bryan

Still no joy, I'm afraid.The .cab file is ok... hmmmm.....I wonder if the x,y coords could be the problem, but 400 and 400 should place the icon relatively close to the center of the Radio Panel window. I tried changing the x,y coords to 10,10 to see if the icon would appear in the top left corner of the window... no luck on that either.Any other suggestions to try out?Bryan

Guest bartels

Have you tried a definetely working gauge (e.g. "Beech_Baron!Avionics Icon") to make sure it is a placement problem and not a problem with the gauge itself? It is always vital to check independently on placement and working state, since XML gauges just dissapear with the slightest error in code. Since your gauge is cabbed, ju have read the above FAQ and the mentioned sources? Just cab the archive after you are sure it works or not at all.Arne Bartels

I tried copying your code above into notepad and then saving as close.xml. As Arne suggested, you will need to change RADIO_STACK_PANEL to 50. Also, check the name of your bitmap; if you are using the stock bitmap from simicons1024, then the name is Collective_Icon.bmpOnce I made those changes, it worked like a charm.Doug