Sign in to follow this  
Guest grb

XML GAUGE TO ALLOW IN-FLIGHT REFUELING.....

Guest grb

Hi all.Can someone provide a solution to allow an XML Gauge when clicked onto trigger the CONTROL F5 KEY SEQUENCE?I am using FS2K2 and load the Arrestor Cable program once simulator is started. So, when I want to refuel in flight I simply hit the CONTROL F5 key sequence and the Arrestor Cable DLL starts to top offmy planes fuel tanks.What I would like is a small XML Gauge ( I have no problem making the bmp map etc..) and most of the main part of the XML gauge code, but DO NOT know how I can when clicking on the guage have it trigger (Activate) the CONTROL KEY/F5 KEY SEQUENCE.Can anyone help me with how to write the code?For instance: Can I replace the following line of code with something that would ACTIVATE THE CONTROL KEY/F5 KEY SEQUENCE, THEREBY STARTING THE REFUELING PROCESS THAT HAPPENS WHEN THE Arrestor Cable DLL senses that one has depressed those two keys?In-Flight-Refuel(G:Var1) ! (>G:Var1) 0 (>K:SOME_EVENT)I have looked through the Key Events Document that comes with the SDKand have found nothing relating to filling the fuel tanks.Is there some way to replace the K:SOME_EVENT with something thattells the simulator to ACTIVEATE THE MENTIONED TWO KEYS, and hopefully then tell the Arrrestor Cable program to start refueling the plane? Sorry if my question is worded poorly........Thanks in advance for any help.George

Guest grb

Jan,Thank you for the feedback/help. Sounds like FS2K2 doesn't have a KEvent for this function. If I may further bother you.......Is there a way in XML coding to send Keyboard Sequences to the simulator using the mouse click function? Example: Click on an icon AND THE RESULT WOULD BE THAT THE XML GAUGE SENDS/INFORMS THE SIMULATOR THAT IT SHOULD RESPOND TO A GIVENKEYBOARD KEY(S)?So......lets say we wanted a icon that when clicked on, would send theSHIFT KEY F5 Key sequence to the simulator. Now as mentioned in original question......in this case ( I made a mistake........the Arrestor Cable DLL reponses to SHIFT-F5 KEY sequence ...............not CONTROL-F5 KEY sequence), when onehits those keys the Arrestor Cable DLL senses key combo and thensets up a loop of some sort where it increases the fuel load to maximum over a period of time ......ex: 1200GPM.Thanks for any further feedback.George

George,As far as i know the only things you can do in xml with K-Events are the events described in the SDK.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest grb

Jan,Thanks for your answer. I was afraid you would say that. Guess the only way to be able to click on a guage and have it transmit givenkey strokes to the simulator or a third party dll ...whatever...would be to design the gauge with C code. No need to respond to this comment. You provided the answer.hang in there,George