Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul_H

Work in progress

Guest JohnC

Impressive job on the BAE..may I suggest that when you upload it,you also supply a couple of lower definition GMAX compiles for those of us who may want a few static aircraft to park here and there?

Guest PhLem

Very nice !!! May I ask how you got the cabin windows cut out so clean ? How many sides does your fuse have ?Udo.:-wave

Guest Valid_Andy

WOW paul:P The airbus looks very good, and so does the BAe. Just wondering about hte status' on the other projects aswell as this one, are they still payware? any estimates on time till release etc? I know its hard to know how long stuff will take but the BAe's are awsome, and i seem to remember you saying the BAe and the L1011 were going payware, but then there was a pic of the L1011 posted the other day and i wasnt sure...:) Once again keep up the awsome work paul:9

Guest Paul_H

HI AllThanks for the kind words.I have had problems getting back to the forum for nearly 4 months; my thanks to the forum administrator for helping me out.The image of the tristar was a test to see if I could post images and messages as I was having difficulty getting messages posted and to be honest was only a test to see it worked for me.Work on all my projects is still ongoing. No doubt that people are eager to see some of this work. I hope that early in 2004 I can make this happen. My real work commitments are huge at the moment and designing has had to take a back seat.Udo the A330 is 40 sided and I guess I was lucky with the window cutout. The hardest part was aligning the interior cabin windows with the external. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/49498.jpgregards PaulP.s. Some house keeping needs to be completed on the website. Obviously the host server for the website has at some time crashed as this is the original website look -which has been update on numerous occasions. Another job for the new year.

Guest panzerschiffe

It's looking real good Paul, sides the good ol pinch above the windshield she's capturing that certain Airbus look.

Guest Paul_H

I know what you mean the pinched look isn't there. I'll study a few photos and I will try and alter the crown this evening and post an image later tonight.

Guest PhLem

Pinch or no pinch, it looks superb. Keep up the good work. I guess using less sides on the fuse causes the distortion with cutouts.Thanks for the info.Udo.:-wave

Guest Paul_H

Thanks UdoI am not sure what the convention is for deciding how many sides you should go for. Like most things in flightsim it is a balance of detail versus sim performance.My Bae146 was only 32 sided. I was advised then by someone more learned than me that the larger the aircraft the more sides you needed.I chose 40 for the airbus: I might have got away with using 36 or 38 sides. Auto smoothing does a great job in giving a smooth effect.Other methods I use are insuring weld points are set to the value 0.001 as mkmdl ignores or combines vertices 0.0009 apart. Co-located vertices give a shadowy effect.Also I look at edge mode and use the turn edge function a lot so that when the light shines on the polyons the light flows evenly this can improve the illusion of smoothness.Every project gets easier as you pick up new ideas and methods though I have to say that I haven't got the hang of smoothing groups. I understand the principle but I tend to detach parts that need a different surface effect rather than tinker on one part because I'm sure some time during the project I'll forget to insure the groups have different values and autosmooth myself into trouble!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/49898.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/49899.jpgregards Paul

Guest A32X

Hi Paul,The BAe 146 looks great, which publisher is going to release the 146 and when ? Regards,Paul

Guest Steven007

Wow, I wish that I'll model as good as you model :D. Keep up the nice work!Greets,Steven

Wow!! :-eek :-eek :(That's amazing :) This is the best Airbus I've seen in Flight Sim ..... and I've been around for five years :-eek :)Will it be freeware or payware? :)