Sign in to follow this  
someone

Default dadio stack apearing too small?

I'm modifying the default DC-3 with modern guages by using guages from the other default aircraftI was just going to use the default Bendix King radio stack in a popup window, so I copied the lines from the C182 panel.cfg file. When I click the radio simicon, the radios popup, but they are about half the size as they are when they popup in the 182. Why is it doing this?

Hi Someone (why don't you have a name?!)The default Baron stack will work for you. Copy the relevant section from the Baron PANEL.CFG and paste it into your DC-3 panel folder. Change the window number to fit in sequence wherever you want it. You can alter the position to fit: 0 is top left, 1 is top middle, 3 top right, 4 center left, all the way down to 8 bottom right.Good luck!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

OK, anonymous one. If that's not big enough, then alter the "window_size=". Try this:(Window01) ....... square brackets of courseBackground_color=2,2,2 size_mm=156,308window_size_ratio=1.00 position=8visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELwindow_size= 0.244, 0.642gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 142gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0, 180gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0, 217gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0, 262If that is not how you want it, then just fiddle with that particular parameter.Happy tuning.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I'll play around with that, but why it smaller when all I did was copy the lines directly from the other plane's config.

Guest Douglas K

>I'll play around with that, but why it smaller when all I did was copy the lines directly from the other plane's config.http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.aspIt's great for curing insomnia or for inducing a trance state in persons who read and attempt to understand it, be advised to keep your reading sessions short, as coma may result from extended attempts at comprehending this mysterious document.Below is a revised panel.cfg file entry for the Baron radio stack in the DC-3 panel: (Window07)Background_color=2,2,2 size_mm=156,308window_size_ratio=1.00 position=8visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELwindow_size= 0.300, 0.500 <------window_pos=0.690, 0.490 <------The bold type and arrows indicate the entries that Mark referred to in his reply. I did this editing with a freeware panel editor called CfgEdit which was created for FS98 and FS2000. It won't handle the gauges in FS9, but it can be used to adjust the window size and position. It is the ancestor of FS Panel Studio, which is really a "must have" if you want to fool around with panels and gauges.The attached images show the CfgEdit "Adjust Default Window Position" screen, and the before and after editing position and size of the radio stack.If you like the size and position of the radio stack in Image #2, then simply copy and paste the following to your DC-3 radio stack entry:window_size= 0.300, 0.500window_pos=0.690, 0.490If you want to change it, then download and install CfgEdit here:http://www.cfgedit.com/index-cfgedit.htmlOnce the program is installed and running navigate to the DC-3 panel.cfg file and open it. Just ignore the warning messages about gauges that don't exist by putting an check in the "Don't show these kinds of errors again" box, and from the "Window" menu click on "Set Default Position". That will bring up the "Adjust Default Window Position" screen shown in the attachments, and you can use the buttons to change things to suit you. OK your changes and you're ready to fly, and without the bother of manual editing and reloading aircraft to view the results!

Thanks for that. I've changed my mind and I'm now sticking the Collins radios from the KingAir in it. I'm trying to edit the old DC3's radio bitmap before pluggin the guages into it.

You could, of course, just save yourself all the trouble and download my modified DC-3 panel, although I have used the Bendix stack rather than the Collins. Works, though. DC3_PAN.ZIP; comes with co-pilot option and a few extra gizmos.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg