Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Please Help...in a real color bind...

Guest abent

Hi, I extracted 2 gauges using GAUBMP2 and have 2 separate bitmaps. They are 2 different colors. I painstakingly painted them with 'Paint'. I want to make both gauges the same color.Problem: When I try to fill with my custom color, the gauges do not turn the same color. I have exactly the following specs for BOTH gauges:Hue:157 Red:106Sat:23 Green:108Lum:111 Blue:129One gauge turns this custom color perfectly, the other is way off even though I apply precisely the same color. It's as though there is bleeding through the layer making the color way off. I have it on opaque. I don't get it and need help!Thanks,AdamSorry for the pic dimensions. Couldn't get it smaller.

Hi,You could try to copy the "wrong" bitmap to the "right" and save that one as the "wrong" bitmap, then again in gaubmp2.Worked for me.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest abent

Hi Jan,I'm not quite sure what you mean. They are 2 different bitmaps. I assume you mean the 'transponder' is the "right" one as it's the correct color. And, the "wrong" one is the 'ivsi'?Could you explain it to me in a little more detail? You had the same problem?Thanks, Adam

Adam,In your case the transponder bitmap is the "right" one.It's about the ILH_TCAS.gau of Lee H.What i did was this:Looked for a good 8 bits bitmap, e.g. one of the default aircraft; you can take a very small one.Extracted the VSI- and Transponder bitmaps with GAUBMP2 and copied them both on that 8 bits bitmaps of the default ac, maintaining of course the same sizes!Hereafter editing and coloring them to adapt them for my panel.Then back with GAUBMP2 in the ILH_TCAS and then the gauge showed up with my colors.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest abent

Hi Jan, I'd like to thank you first for all the help. This stuff is fun, if not frustrating."...copied them both on that 8 bits bitmaps of the default ac..." How do you copy these gauges I have 'on' an 8 bit bitmap? I'd like to use the panel colors of the panel in the picture. I can only work on one gauge at a time, so I have paint open in 3 windows - 2 for the gauges and 1 for the crj panel. I like that grey/blue color. I just try to type in the same colors of the crj panel color selection into the custom color option, but although the color looks the same in the color box, as soon as it is applied to the gauges, it's not the same color.Again, I appreciate the help!Adamhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/50128.jpg

Adam,First things first:1. When you use GAUBMB2 the bitmaps you extract are 8 bits in depth with some other "properties" the designer put in it.2. If you want to have the gauge show up in the colors of your own panel then this is what i do: look for a good colored 8 bits bitmap, e.g. one of the default aircraft, and copy a piece of your own panelbitmap, probably 24 bits?, on it and see what the colors do.If you are happy then use this piece of bitmap for the gauge.3. Extract the bitmaps from the gauge and copy the one you need on that "piece" and save it in the right size and name and put it back in the gauge.4. So on with the next bitmap.(See pics)Jan"Procul Negotiis"http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/50161.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/50162.jpg

Guest abent

Thanks Jan, I will try it after work today.Adam