Sign in to follow this  
Guest jetBlue_03

GMAX Headache

hey everyone! greetings!!!!I don't know why, but all of a sudden, I am getting this error when I try to export: ASSERTION FAILED In file: "bitarray.cpp" Line: 127 what am I to do???????????????

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

go into your AUTOBAK gmax folder and select to view ALL file types (autobak's are hidden at first) then open up one of the autobak files 1-? and try and see if they will compile. Im pretty sure that error is terminal. I have never recovered one, but havent seen it much.this is just the kind of thing that painfully teaches you the value of organized back ups.I hope you can find a working backup, gmax will tear your guts out sometimes.joe

i think you cant fix it like Joe said. Had that too some time ago, its really annoying hope you have a backup hehe

Yeah, I had backups. I tried your solution, but the backup (one of them) would not compile. Oh well, at least I still have the original file(and a sizeable amount of variants) to work with. Thanks for the help!!!

Sometimes, Gmax (and Max) files get corrupted for some unknown reason. You can try a backup.. or if you dont have one.. do the following:Create a new file in GmaxGo to FILE>MERGE and select the corrupted fileMerge in ALL objects into your new file.Save file under new name.This is sometimes a life saver.. Hope it works for you.Vin

well, no such luck. Didn't work. Thanks for your help though!

After I had a file corrupt for no reason, I now make backups at every important stage or "big step". Not fun having to do it over again, but sometimes the second time is better.

dont for get you can set up gmax to autosave at short intervals. This is important when you have a lock up, crash, or any other gmax present.i have it set to autosave every 2 minutes and 10 total backupsjoe

I have autobackup but i also save every 5 min as new file, it means i have a HUGE folder with hundreds of gmax files, but I always have a file which isnt much different than the corrupted one

HeyI Have the same problem when tring 2 export, but it says "Locate Notepad.exe" so i do, and it says "Error Cannot Find Notepad.exe"Matt

I usually get that error when I have an error with the model itself, not the whole file. Check to make wure that you are not getting any "Scale" or "Trasform" errors when you are exporting, because that might be the reason. I solved my problem with the file corruption by going to another backup that I had; I just need to redo the wings and tail section (I'm glad it was not the fuselage that had to be redone!), but I'll save all of that for after my exams. :)