Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

gmax export files

Hi,Using gmax anew with FS9, I have the same problem as at first some year(s) ago and forgot the remedy.The HELP says select from File of Type, but it only shows PLASMA(*.P3D)and All. (no File of Type question box as mentioned.)It may have to do with the games pack? I loaded gmax from the FS9 #1 CD and installed it in c:gmaxDo I have to download something from somewhere or is there another way?Please help. I see many here who must have solved that problem.I find the help rather poor with no ref. to game packs at all.cheers,voscon.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Until Microsoft releases a export *.dle for fs2004, you need the *.dle from FS2002Pro installed in your gmaxplugins folder. You should also download the latest MAKEMDL.exe from http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/ downloads or article archive menu items. It will be in one of the fs2002 sdk files.W. Sieffert

Hi W.SieffertThank you very much for the tip re *dle file.That part works now.However, I am still unable to export due to MakeMDL.First I get a warning that the units are wrong, should be in Meters, which they are as far as I can tellThen it takes some time and the next message says that MakeMDL could not be found (which it did) OR that it failed to convert, and to check the system path (?) to see if it is on it.The latter must be the case I think, how to get that done?The error log reads as follows:Running modelStart! (c:gmaxscenesboxx)Loading X c:gmaxscenesboxx...Processing...Model units are 2.00 units/meterSorting by Material...Optimize Parts...Welding...Generate BGL...Done!Generate crash tree 1 (4104 bytes) Assembling: c:gmaxscenesboxx.azmc:gmaxscenesboxx.asm(30) : error A2071: initializer magnitude too large for specified size SCALE_AGL(6): Macro Called From c:gmaxscenesboxx.asm(30): Include FileError!Can you help any further?(The frustrating thing is that I had all this when I started with gmax some yers (?) ago, but forgot the solutions)Thanks already anyway.Cheers,voscon