Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightmike1

Window Question...Please assist...

Guest abent

After perusing this forum and reading very technical dialogue, I feel almost embarrassed to ask a question of such a relatively simplistic nature, however, I'm new to this completely so please bear with me. I am learning...however slowly.I got a pic from the internet of an overhead panel for a crj 200. I converted it to a bitmap, modified it with Paint and added some stock switches, an apu etc with CfgEdit. It is set as the next window in order {Window06} in the panel.cfg and displays nicely.I would like to set up an icon on the main panel so that I can bring up the window without having to press Shift-6. I would also like to have an icon on the overhead panel to close the window again.Is there a way to do this with CfgEdit or otherwise? I have searched this forum.Again, sorry for such a 'newbie' question. :-shy :D Thanks very much in advance, Adam

Guest flightmike1

Use an XML gauge with the code250 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)And make sure the number is the same as the ident= variable under [Window06] is set to 250 or whatever number you have in the gauge.

Guest abent

Thanks Michael,I now have Overhead_X (XML document) and the Icon_Overhead (Bitmap Image).Could you please tell me how to put these into the panel now. I'm not sure if I should copy these to the gauge folder in FS2004 and then use Cfg.Edit.I appreciate the help.Adam

Guest flightmike1

From my understanding cfgedit doesn't allow you to use xml gauges, create a folder under your fs gauge folder called something like overhead_ab then put the files in there. In the panel.cfg you would put gaugexx=overhead_ab!Overhead_x,... If you would like to turn the xml gauge into a cab file use the FS2004 cab file sdk.

Guest flightmike1

Also, if you'd like to use a bitmap in your gauge unzip simicons.cab(in your gauge folder) and have a look at the code inside one of them.

Guest abent

HI Michael, I can't get the icon to show on the panel. I attached a pic of what I did.I'll understand if you are not interested in continuing to help as you're likely busy with other projects yourself.Thanks, Adamhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/52309.jpg

Hi,You need to add in the xml code an element containing the icon bitmap:250 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)Hope it helps,Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest abent

Thanks for the reply Jan.Do I copy and paste this into the aircraft.cfg? I'm not sure where to put it. And where do I put the Overhead_Icon XML file?Thanks, Adam

Hi,The code above is the file "Overhead_x.xml" you already got from Michael;you only need to change the code in that file.An other easy way to place the gauge somewhere is as follows:Put the overhead_x.xml file and the overhead icon bitmap just in the panel directory of the aircraft you use.So together with the panel bitmaps!Then change the text in the panel.cfg:gaugexx=!overhead_x, xxx,yyy,zzzJan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest abent

THANKS GUYS! For a while I could only get the icons to appear but they wouldn't work. I went back Michael and read your post. I hadn't made the ident 250 in window 6. Once I did that...IT WORKED!:-hah :-hah :-hah I'm a happy camper now.:-beerchug Adam

Guest flightmike1

Sorry about the little confusion about the bitmap, I just copied and pasted the code from a gauge I had just done forgetting it didn't have a bitmap and you wanted one. Another thing, when you had the gauge in a folder inside the main folder you shouldn't have had the ! in the foldername, the ! in the panel.cfg acts as a for folders.