Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlwoodward

throttle animation

Guest odog

Hey, I've managed to avoid this over that last few years, but now I must find a solution. I set my lever_throttle0 animation from 0-100 but in FS im only using about 75% of the designed travel. Is there an adjustment in the airfiles somewhere?gotta find a fix.joe

Guest Milton

I had the same problem. I simply exaggerated the animation in Gmax to compensate... Same issue with the prop pitch lever. The mixture lever worked fine.

Guest odog

thanks Milton, i thought i read that it was adjustable somewhere. Wishful thinking?I guess I can fudge it. I wonder why its like that tho? weirdjoe

Guest Milton

I too thought it strange. I haven't heard about adjustments but maybe someone else can chip in here.

Just guessing here, as I know absolutely nothing about gmax... The aircraft.cfg file typically imposes a minimum value on the throttles. If you are using the throttle variable to drive your aminimation, then you probably need to adjust the function to allow for this minimum value in the aircraft.cfg file.Doug

Guest Milton

Just saw a post over at FFDS about thrust reversers. Is it possible that if thrust reversers are employed, that the remainder of the animation accommodates that? 0-50 throttle, 51-100 reversers.Edit: I'll do a quick check here and let you know the results.

Guest jlwoodward

Joe,I only know FSDS but it might work the same for gmax. I set the 0 point at full throttle and 50 at idle. The 100 point I believe is reserved for thrust reverse or something like that, whatever it is those turboprop guys do. The same applies to the prop lever- the 100 point is for feathering. I had the same problem until someone here answered it, must have been over a year ago.John Woodward