Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

How did you make the makefile?

Guest ptwaugh

Hey all,I'm wondering if you guys are using MS's SDK, or if you use GNU tools. In particular, I'm really wanting to use gcc and Dev-C++ (which can do C). But, I'm having a bit of a problem setting up to make the sample makefile.Could you tell me what you did/use to make the makefile MS provided in the samples? I tried just modifying it for GNU stuff, but actually am having a hard time as even though it finds windows.h, it reports missing excpt.h (even though I copied it to the source directory).Anyway, any light you can shed is appreciated.Stick

Download sd2gau15.zip from www.flightsim.com library. It will provide the need makefile and updated gauges.h needed for fs2002 compiled gauges.W. Sieffert

Guest ptwaugh

Thanks for the tip.What do you use to compile? VC, VC++, GCC, other?thanks,Stick

I have used GCC VER 2.95.2, VER3.2. I haven't made any compiled gauges lately so my experience is very rusty.W. Sieffert

Guest ptwaugh

Success with VC++, but no joy with gcc.With the gcc makefile, it dies telling me there is no rule to make the .c file. That package also includes some fix file but with no directions what to do with it.I guess I'm stuck with VC++ 6.0, but at least I don't have to re-write the gauge.h file!Stick

The only thing I did was place the fixup.c and Makefile in the same folder as the rest of the source. However, I don't think it has been updated for later version of gcc compiler. I believe it was for version 2.95.2. GCC may have changed things in later version that are causing it not to work correctly. I know that later versions changed the darn make.exe to mingw32-make.exe. I made a copy of the file and renamed it back to make.exe. However, I still got some cautions.Arne Bartels would have to answer most questions about later version of gcc. In any case, you can still use the updated gauges.h file provided in the package. I believe it provided corrections/omissions over the gauges.h in the official MS sdk.W. Sieffert