Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Scanning if VOR is captured with a gauge

Hi All,For a very special XML autopilot gauge I need a functions which scans if AP VOR is captured or not. Unfortunately I could not find an A variable which matches this function. I've tried it with scanning the HSI CDI Needle but this is not precise enough as some aircraft run over the center point too far (also no good results if I use a tolerance area for this point). The reason is that I have to make a clear difference in another gauge if the mode is just armed or if the mode is really captured by the aircraft.Does anybody knows a way to realize this? Hope you could help.Best RegardsMatthias

Guest Steven007

Perhaps it is possible to detect if the signal is detected (out of range), if the aircraft is busy with capturing the VOR (movement in the needle induced by the autopilot), and if the plane is right on the center point (very little away from the center point) in a certain time frame. Greets,StevenPS: I must say I have no gauge programming experience, this is how I would eventually do it.

Matthias,The same problem overhere.I "solved" it by using next codes:Armed, (flying with heading bug!): ( A:Autopilot heading lock, bool) 1 == (A:HSI has localizer, bool) &&LOCActive: ( A:HSI CDI NEEDLE, number) < 127 (A:HSI CDI NEEDLE, number) > -127 (A:Autopilot heading lock, bool) 0 == && && LOCJan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi Steven, Hi Jan,Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I think scanning the position of the HSI CDI needle seems really the only way to give me a true or false for the captured mode. But the more I think about the problem the more I come to the result that this is also the way the instruments of a real aircraft do it.Best RegardsMatthias