Sign in to follow this  
Guest grb

CFS2 gauge design.....SDK?

Hi all,Just wondering if anyone can provide an answer to the following question.What kind of documentation might be available for creating gauges for CFS2? In my internet search I have not come up with any SDK packages like we have for FS2K2 that where made for CFS2. I keep wondering how people know how to use what KEY_EVENT/TAGS etc., for gauge dll's to be able to communicate with CFS2 or FSUIPC dll's.Any enlightment on this issue would be appreciated.good flying all,George

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For CF"2 the FS2000 SDK can be used, I think, there are some extra variables,keys available. I think you can the the fs2000 gauges.h and insert GEAR_POS_AUX, // Aux gear 0 - 16k TOOLTIP_UNITS, // enum TOOLTIP_UNITS_TYPE LSO_TEXTURE_ID, // current LSO_Texture_Id in AI_PLAYER.mw LSO_TEXT, // text LEFT_FOLDING_WING_PERCENT, // 0 - not folded; 1 - folded RIGHT_FOLDING_WING_PERCENT, // 0 - not folded; 1 - folded MAIN_EXIT_OPEN, // 0 - not open; 1 - open TAILHOOK_POSITION, // 0 - retracted; 1 - extendedbetween HSI_STATION_NAME, // stringand C_GAUGE_TOKEN // Always the lastAs for the key_events, the list in fs2000 is already pretty complete, you can copy the missing ones from fs2002 gauges.h; using an invalid key doesn't crash your system (unlike invalid module vars!) it simply won't work.Arne Bartels

Arne,Thank you very much for the answer. I will see if I can where onecan download FS000 SDK from. I have been a bit intrigged with the possiblities of somehow making an active Radar Screen in CFS2 that would mimic what we see in the few Radar gauges made for FS2K2.I had bigger plans as to the possiblities of making a fire control radar system that could be used to cycle through aircraft within range setting choosen for the screen then lock onto a given targetand then somehow......have missle switches that would release eithera Sparrow of Sidewinder missile and actuall track and destroy the locked on target. Peope at SimHouse forum and some third party developers I found that would at least discuss this possiblity made a good case that it was beyond CFS2 engine to accomodate such features.But I am still interested to find if I could create a radar screen that would show aircraft like we see in the few FS2K2 Radar gauges.You at least gave me some positive info as to where to look for answers, FS000 SDK packages.So thank you for your feedback,Best regards,George

Also download gauhlp15.zip and sd2gau15.zip from here or flightsim libraries. Dai Griffiths and Arne Bartels provide these great tutorials.W. Sieffert

Thanks WSieffert, for the additional info. I will see if I can find the zip file you recommend. good flying,George