Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

Faux helo trim

Guest Skymed

Well, we all know that MS chose not to model a trim function on choppers.So I have thinking of how to add a "faux trim". Essentially, what I am thinking of is adding fuel tanks located at the extremes of fore/aft-port/starboard and pumping fuel to a specific tank to add weight to that area and thus cause the chopper to tilt and stay tilted in that direction.Questions:Is this feasible?If Q1 is yes, how?Steve

Steve,The answer to your question is Yes and the how is FSUIPC.A similar question was raised here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=15655&page=2with my response in the message that followed.I would define four payload stations, as you described, along with a gauge to transfer weight from one station to another. I have a couple of projects on the go right now but will put it on my 'to do' list.Doug Dawson

Guest Skymed

DougThats great to know.is it possible without FSUIPC?Steve

Steve,It might be possible with FDSConnection.dll, but that is not a module I've done anything with. Problem is, there are no KEY_EVENTS that affect either fuel tanks or station loads. Some other way of manipulating them must be found.Doug