Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mac_Attack

Gmax background images

Guest Mac_Attack

First of all I am not a beginner with gmax. I know my way around it and i have been learning it for a year and a half now. I have been using the way of putting in viewport backgrounds that i learned with the p-38 tutorial but i have seen other people have their background images mapped onto a box with flipped normals. I am just curious how to do this and i have read some tutorials but i havent fully understood them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,Evan

Guest jetBlue_83

I think I might be able to help. It's the first time I've heard of that method of using background images, but I think that what was done was to:1.Create a box taht is the same length, width and height as your model.2. Convert it to an Eitable Polygon (right click on the box, mouse over "convert to" then select "editable poly").3. Then, the next hthing is to map your backgoround images to the faces on the box. A tutorial I use alot from Simviation .com that is very helpful is: http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/gMax_10..htm(remove the extra dot before the .htm) It shows you how to create texture maps for you models, but use the same principles to create that funky box.4. When all is said and done, you'll notice that you want to have the images facing towards the inside of the box right? Just convert your model to an "Edigtable Mesh", go to the Modify panel, click on the square to edit the ploygons of your object, select all the sides of the box, then scroll down the modify panel until you see "Flip Normals". Click that and you're on your way!!!

Guest Mac_Attack

Thanks for the reply. I think i understand it now!