Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Usage of render_3d_window in the panel.cfg file

Hi,Maybe someone can explain the following.It's about the usage of the linerender_3d_window=1in a transparant panel window (like a HUD) in FS2004.E.g.:[Window04]size_mm=240,240window_size= 0.23,0.31window_pos = 0.395,0.14background_color=0,0,0visible=1ident=10011render_3d_window=1gauge00=rcb-miljet!Ball,0,0,240,240Here is what I observe:- In Cockpit View:The HUD is transparant OK, but the text I create in the HUD is ONLY visible on places where the main panel bitmap file has a color 0,0,0 (so where the outside scenery is visible)- In VirtualCockpit View.The HUD is not visible; and if I select Views-Instrument Panel and then the HUD window, FS automatically switches back to CockpitView.Now, if I REMOVE the line render_3d_window=1, it works as follows:- In Cockpit View:The HUD is transparant OK, AND the text I create in the HUD is visible at ALL places, even if the main panel bitmap file is colored on that spot.- In VirtualCockpit View.The HUD is not visible; and if I select Views-Instrument Panel and then the HUD window, FS remains in VC View and the HUD appears as an Undocked window with a black instead of transparant background. When I undock the window now, it's visible as transparant window, still on top of the VirtualCockpit. Like I would want it.However, when I now cycle through the views back to VirtualCockpit again, the HUD window is gone. But I can enable it again as described.This behaviour of the render_3d_window=1 line in a panel window is different then in FS2002, where it was absolutely required to get a window with a transparant background. In FS2004, using the render_3d_window line is superfluous, even stronger: leaving it out gives you better options (like using it in the VC, AND the possibility to overlay the existing main panel bitmap).Any comment on my observations ????Rob