Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Xml, faking annunciation of autopilot "arm" mode

Guest Karl R Pettersen

HiI have setup some sort of "weird" system to differenciate between when an autopilot is in hold mode, and when it is in arm mode (prior to actual capture). The code is pretty bizarre and not consitent in every application, and I was wondering if anyone had some nice approximations on how fs9 calculates either the capture point (lat lon) or how it determines that capture point has been reached.Three systems, should work from any prior mode, even attitude hold:1) Nav hold flashing while still in heading mode2) Approach hold before capture, and glideslope hold before capture.3) Altitude "hold" (arm) from a preselector. Although I have abandoned this one, would be nice to know if it is possible.

Karl,Not sure if i understood you well, but i use:(heading,bool) 1 == (approach,bool) 1 == &&"Capture": HDG, GREEN text and below this line:"Armed": Loc/GS, yellow text.(of course when on heading- and approach mode!)Then the "cap" takes place:(heading,bool) 0 == (approach,bool) 1 == &&"Capture": Loc/GS, yellow text and below this line:"Armed": disappears.CDI and GSI valid between marges: "Capture": Loc/GS, GREEN text and below this line:"Armed": Flare/Rollout, yellow text and so on.Same for Nav1/Heading.For altitude i made some L:Var's: VNAV, VS, Alt Hold, PTH and FLCH and use for altitude: (L:alt,number)This plus "some" logic plus GPS, made it possible to create a number of "armed" and "capture" display functions on the PFD.I didn't calculate the different deviations of beams etc. but used the above inbuild criteria etc. etc.But i presume this is the simple way.Jan"Procul Negotiis"