Sign in to follow this  
Guest BWIA330

Strange MakeMDL Error!

All of a sudden, I'm getting the following error when attempting to export my project:--------------------------------------------Model units are 1024.00 units/meterSorting by Material...Optimize Parts...Welding...Generate BGL...Done! Assembling: C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004Citation IICitation_II.azmC:gmaxgamepacksfs2004Citation IICitation_II_1.asm(58606) : error A2054: forced error : value not equal to 0 : 65536 ERRS16(1): Macro Called From IFMSK(7): Macro Called From C:gmaxgamepacksfs2004Citation IICitation_II_1.asm(58606): Include FileError!-------------------------------------------As you can see, both the exterior and interior are compiling, but there is something wrong with the .azm file and causes the final compile to fail... :(I can export the entire interior with a sub-set of the exterior parts without error.I can export the entire exterior with a sub-set of the interior parts without error.It's only when trying to export ALL the parts that the problem is appearing...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>All of a sudden, I'm getting the following error when>attempting to export my project:>>It's only when trying to export ALL the parts that the problem>is appearing... Never mind! I found the "problem..." I must have taken a "stupid pill" this morning, because after beating my head on the desk for 15 hours, I finally realized that I had renamed the lever_throttle0 & 1 in the "interior" to solve an animation problem, but they were the same names as the copies in the "exterior"... DUH!Anyhow, it's fixed now... and lesson learned!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/66036.jpg

Fr. Bill    

Guest BWIA330

Hey,I have that problem as well. So you said if there are two part names that are the same, this error will pop up. Is that how I can fix it?Regards,BWIA330Mine says thisRunning modelStart! (C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftAirbus A343CFMmodela343airbus.x)Loading X C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftAirbus A343CFMmodela343airbus.x...Processing...Model units are 1024.00 units/meterSorting by Material...Optimize Parts...Welding...Generate BGL...Done!Generate crash tree 2 (984 bytes) Assembling: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftAirbus A343CFMmodela343airbus.azmC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftAirbus A343CFMmodela343airbus_0.asm(61905) : error A2054: forced error : value not equal to 0 : 65536 ERRS16(1): Macro Called From IFMSK(7): Macro Called From C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftAirbus A343CFMmodela343airbus_0.asm(61905): Include FileError!

>Hey,>>I have that problem as well. So you said if there are two>part names that are the same, this error will pop up. Is that>how I can fix it?The same way I finally did, locate and rename the parts! :)Hint: The "quick way" to find duplicate parts is to "merge" the "exterior" view of your a/c into a "blank page," then "merge" the "interior" view. When there's a duplicated name, you will see a "warning box" that advises you of the problem.Write down the name of the offending part, press "Skip" and continue the merge. Once the merge is complete and you have made a note of all the duplicated part names, close the scene WITHOUT SAVING! and re-open the original .gmax file.Select each of the parts with duplicate names and add "_int" (or a number) to make the names "different." Save your .gmax file to a new file (to preserve the one you've edited in case you need to revert!).Do a new export and all should be well now.

Fr. Bill    

Guest BWIA330

Hey,Thanks for the advice. The only thing is that I dont have an interior yet. So I have no idea what is causing the problem. I rechecked to see if I have part names that are the same, and I dont.HELPThanksBWIA330

>Hey,>>Thanks for the advice. The only thing is that I dont have an>interior yet. So I have no idea what is causing the problem. >I rechecked to see if I have part names that are the same, and>I dont.>>HELPIn that case then, use the "divide and conquer" approach.Select 1/2 of the parts and try to "Export Selected." If all works, hide those and repeat with the remaining half.If there's an error, hide the so-far untested half, and repeat. Within a few iterations, you will find the offending part(s).

Fr. Bill    

Guest BWIA330

Hey,I did what you said and i exported half of the aircraft and it worked fine. then i did the second half and it also worked fine. No errors. But when I try the whole aircraft, the error comes up. What is the maximum poly limit for makemdl? I have 57 k.HELP this is really bugging methanksbwia330

>Hey,>>I did what you said and i exported half of the aircraft and it>worked fine. then i did the second half and it also worked>fine. No errors. But when I try the whole aircraft, the>error comes up. What is the maximum poly limit for makemdl? >I have 57 k.>>HELP this is really bugging meOK, so the problem may well be a part which is both in the "first half" and the "second half." You'll have to take a different approach.Try selecting the first 20 or so parts and test export. Keep adding 20 or so at a time until you're error occurs on export.Once you've narrowed it down to about 20 parts (the last 20 you selected when it failed), you'll have less to look at and compare! :)AFAIK, the limit is around 60K or thereabouts.

Fr. Bill    

Guest BWIA330

Hey,I did what you said, with 20 at a time and they all exported fine. But I noticed when I reached above 50 k, the error comes up. So im wondering if it has to do with the number of polys I have. Any ideas?ThanksBWIA330

>I did what you said, with 20 at a time and they all exported>fine. But I noticed when I reached above 50 k, the error>comes up. So im wondering if it has to do with the number of>polys I have. Any ideas?Perhaps, but I tend to doubt that. I have a model of ~59 KB that exports just fine (now that I renamed the duplicate named parts!)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Alexander_EFG

I've encountered the same problem and the solution was quite simple. Check all custom animated partnames. If one is out of line then (e.g. mistyped or so) then MakeMDL.exe generates the crashtree...Cheers,

Guest fturner

I had the same error, and it turned out that the r_wing and l_wing names where causing it. Once I renamed it to right_wing and left_wing the error went away.This would only happen when I compiled the entire plane, but wouldn't show up when I compiled sections of it.From what I can see in the asm file, it has something to do with what parts are seen depending on what angle you are looking at in the aircraft.FraserSGA

Guest BWIA330

Hey Guys,I did what you guys said I still have the same problem. Check over my animated parts and everything seems to be ok. I also renamed all my l_whatevers to left and right before the underscore. It must be something else. Any ideas? Alex can you describe in detail what you did to fix your error. So I can try what you did as well.ThanksBWIA330