Sign in to follow this  
Guest NWADC9

Merging aircraft and panels?

Guest NWADC9

Hi All,Was wondering if anyone knows how to correctly merge an aircraft and panel together. I'm trying to merge the JCA DC-9 with Stellan's great DC-9 panel, but am having problems... When I do merge the two together, I get problems with flight performance, as well as details in the JCA visual model not working such as gear, slats, etc... I copied everything over into the aircraft.cfg file, but no luck... Another guy said he did it, but hasn't responded to any of my 'pleas' for help. Anyway, is there something I'm doing wrong? I have no experience with aircraft design whatsoever... Any help or explanations to my problem is much appreciated.Allan

Is this just a new panel, or and aircraft variation too?If it's just a new panel, I would suggest starting by not modifying the original aircraft.cfg file. This is where your problems are being created. Did the author state why his panel requires a replacement of the aircraft.cfg? Normally, except in the case of avionics gear required by the new panel, but not on the original aircraft, this should be left alone.The only change for a panel replacement SHOULD be the panel.cfg and associated bitmaps and gauges.--Jon

Guest NWADC9

Hi Jon,Thanks for the reply. Actually, it's for Stellan's DC-9 panel and .air file. Nothing was ever stated about replacing the aircraft.cfg file. The panel works fine so far. The only problems I'm having are merging the .air file and aircraft.cfg from Stellan's DC-9 to the JCA DC-9. Frustrating to say the least... Gear won't go up, flight performance is off, etc...Allan