Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Need to iluminate compass

Guest cliffp

I have the Utva 75, a Yugo trainer with an excellent panel in both 2D and virtual. Problem is with the compass located on center post. It is so dark, day or night, that it is almost impossible to read. Can someone tell me a way to increase the light on this gauge. The panel.cfg does not have a seperate window for compass but there are lines under the "Color" showing day and night and luminous. Do any of these numbers have functions that could be changed or ??? Thanks...Cliff

The only alternative that will work both night and day is to use a 'panel flood' .fx file placed in the cockpit.In fact, I put those in every a/c's virtual cockpit to overcome the dark shadows when the sun isn't at the right angle! I turn 'em off at night though, because I like only backlighted gauges at night.The specific entries you are asking about in the panel.cfg control the brightness and color of panels during the day and night.Day=255,255,255Night=32,32,32Luminous=190,190,190The "Day" values control the color/brightness of the 2d panel during the daytimeThe "Night" values do the above for the nighttime 2d panel.The "Luminous" values control the color/brightness of the gauges at night (or anything that has a "luminous tag" associated with it. This is something the modeler has control over, and not the 'end user.'

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Goran Savic

HiSend me e-mail to yz1sg@yahoo.com and I will make that GAUGE more clear (although in reality It's less clear than in FS) and send It to You. Just I need to know do You have any archive packer program which can make .CAB files, If NO doesn't matter I will send You complet utva_75.CAB file.B.T.W. Best 73 to N4GIX de YZ1SGGoran Savic(author of UTVA 75's panel)

>B.T.W. Best 73 to N4GIX de YZ1SGThanks for the '73' OM... :)- . -

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator