Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Panel Views Don't Show Up --- Help!!!

I have a couple of aircraft that the panel.cfg is aliased to default FS9 aircraft. In these two particular planes, the only view that shows up at all is the pilot seat forward 2D cockpit view. Since this .cfg is aliased to a panel that has a 2D view and a VC (in this case the MSFS default Learjet) shouldn't all those views show up?I tried copying a panel that had all the cockpit views into the aircraft's folder and overwriting the .cfg with a new one, but still the only view that shows up is the pilot forward 2D view, although now it's of the different panel I put in the aircraft's folder.Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, I am VERY new to MSFS and am just trying to figure this out. Why won't my whole cockpit interior show up, not to mention my VC?I suspect I may be missing something really simple, but I know I don't know enough to know. I would appreciate any help you folks could give me, and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.Sincerely,Ron B.Gunfighter34ID@aol.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ron,There's a distinction between 2D and VC views.The VirtualCockpit MUST be defined in the aircraft's model (.mdl file), therefore aliasing a panel doesn't give you a VC.The non-forward 2D views can either be in the aircraft model (see above) or, in older aircraft, as explicite bitmaps defined in the panel.cfg with e.g.Fixed Window30=Forward RightFixed Window31=RightFixed Window32=Rear RightFixed Window33=RearFixed Window34=Rear LeftFixed Window35=LeftFixed Window36=Forward LeftFixed Window37=UpNow, in FS2002 e.g. the default Cessna172 and Lear45 used external bitmaps for the non-forward 2D views so there aliasing would have worked for these views; however, in FS2004 these views were also made part of the aircraft .mdl file.So what you see is normal and can't be helped.Rob

Thanks Rob!Kinda disappointing but it makes sense. I've got a follow-up for you. If I alias in or import a panel that has all the interior views (say, from an older aircraft), will they show up, or will they be suppressed because of the .mdl file?I like this aircraft (It's a Fairchild-Dornier D-328 turboprop) and I don't want to give up on it without a fight.Thanks!Ron

Hi Ron,You mean to say if you would e.g. use another panel (with exteriour view bitmaps) for the default FS2004 Lear45 (which has the external 2D views in the model) ??I really wouldn't know what happens (whether the panel FixedViews definitions has precedence over the model ones).Just try it out, you'll soon find out :-)Rob