Sign in to follow this  
Guest CRJ700FO

Proper TO/GA usage F1 Super 80

I am ignorant to how to properly use the TO/GA button on the Super 80 could someone please interject?Lined up on rwy 21, Flaps Set, Spoiler Armed, AP - off, ......What now? do you turn AutoThrottle On? TO button? what speed on the Autothrottle? Etc.....Thanks in advanced. I am learning alot of stuff from the manuals I found about the super 80 but could not find this out?EDIT: Found A Tutorial On Super 80 Forums! Never Mind!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the MD80 is set by EPR.the TO/GA buttons are usually used for only going around. note that some airplanes, for example the 717 (another dc9 like the md80), the TO/GA buttons can be used to clear out an entered flex temperature for a reduced power takeoff.typically the Pilot Flying (PF) will push the throttles up to about 12 o'clock and call "set thrust".the NFP (Non Pilot Flying) will engage the autothrottles and verify the both engines spool up to the proper EPR setting and verify all engine gauges are within normal operating ranges and call. "thrust normal"then the NFP will call out "80 kts" (or whatever airspeed they use to verify both airspeed indicators are working). the speed is usually the nonemergency, runway limited, abort speed.the FP verifies 80kts and calls "checked"then V1, Vr, V2 are called out and the takeoff continues as per the airlines profile.