Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

MakeMDL Problems

Hey, Guys I need your help, I would normally ask Andy Warden via MSN, but he isn't online at the moment. Anyway, MakeMDL is giving me headaches. I'm using the FS2004 MakeMDL, and it appears to export fine, the model is created, I copy it to the aircraft model folder and open up FS. I can select the aircraft via the menus, but the model doesn't show up and FS CTD. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

[P CLASS=style1] Matthew Murray [/P][P][sPAN CLASS=style1]-|www.precisionmanuals.com|-[bR][/sPAN]

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg[/P]

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had this happen to me once. Turns out I compiled the model as Scenery instead of an aircraft:) I know it sounds stupid, but check to make sure you didn't do that by mistake.--Jon

hmm..try select the parts u want to export and use "export selected"

I do have a post further on down about FS2004's Makemdl... I'd almost suggest unless you are using FS2004 specific visual features (and if you haven'd done any of the things already mentioned) that you use FS2002's Makemdl and aircraft export plugin vs. FS2004's. Also, this will allow FS2002 compatibility with your aircraft designs...-John