Sign in to follow this  
Guest PutPut

Need XML help

Hi all, I am considering an update to my XB-70 of a while back, but only if I can figure out how to get the wingtips to truly fold down as a function of speed. I believe this can be done with an XML gauge linked to the flaps. The XB-70 had no flaps so that option is available. The flap positions (2) and rotation can be controlled in the .cfg file. I am very new to XML so I would appreciate a start on this. I am acquainted with Arne Bartell's defintion of the gauge parameters and have done some cut and paste XML files for scenery locations. I really need a template to get started or any other help will be appreciated. Thanks---------Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, you can certainly do what you described. There's at least 2 approaches to that that I can suggest:1) If using MakeMDL 9.x, you can implement an XML parts animation.2) You can write a simple gauge which will command flap movement under any circumstance you want.In either case, your code would go something like this:(A:Airspeed Indicated, knots) s0 [lowervalue] > l0 [uppervalue] < and if{ (>K:FLAPS_1) } els{ (>K:FLAPS_UP) }Simple as that:) If you need more flap positions, you just expand the logic to cover those occurrences. You are going to need to learn XML/RPN at some point if you want to these kinds of things, so I'd suggest you just dive in and write some code, and when all else fails, post your code here and we can try to help you make it work.--Jon

Opps, I went to edit that snippet because I forgot to post it in pain text, and some of the code was removed by the board's HTML parser.Obviously it's missing the entries for your airspeed(s). Just insert the value(s) you want in place of [lowvalue] and [highvalue], removing the brackets.(A:Airspeed Indicated, knots) s0 [lowvalue] > l0 [highvalue] < and if{ (>K:FLAPS_1) } els{ (>K:FLAPS_UP) }

Many Thanks, I ginned up a simple model with moving wingtips and have it working for one position. I won't be able to try the second position for a while, but will report back when I do. Thanks again----Paul