Sign in to follow this  
Au MaV

FSDS2/CFS2 - Gunsight Reticule

Guest Macaws10

Can someone at this forum tell me how to adjust position of the default gunsight reticule so that it agrees with a custom panel?Grateful for any assistance!

HiOpen the panel.cfg in notepad and look for this[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=5200<-----change this,lower number moves it upMaV

Guest Macaws10

Thanks MaV...you've shown me the way out of the woods!

Guest Macaws10

Hi again MaV! Does not quite work for me...your method appears to adjust position of the Panel down to the default reticule position. (Slightly above the horizon) My project is a tail-dragger so at startup, the reticule position should be quite a bit above the horizon. Any clues are welcome!

Hi Again:)As far as I know (not much :) ) the gunsight in the 2d panel window is hardcoded to be centered of the main window,what my suggestion dose is raze the main view up but it also razes the whole lot(terrain ect)The gunsight follows your aircrafts position so if its a tail dragger and the contact points in the aircraft.cfg are right then the sight should be the correct hight above the horizon.post a screen shot of the prob maybe that will give me an Idea of a fixMaV

Guest Macaws10

Hi MaVSorry for the delay in responding...been busy with other things!Think that I may have the solution as based on your mention that the reticule is hardcoaded:As my project is a tail-dragger I SHOULD have used another tail-dragger as my "Flight Model Selection" in FSDS2 instead of a P-38.On selection of a tail-dragger "Flight Model", I will temporarily adjust the "static pitch" and the contact points in the .CFG file to agree with those of my project This should place the reticule in the proper position??? Hope that this will work!

Yeah That will be ya prob :)A tip when in fsds set up a polly thats under your model wheels,use the drop down list under reference parts and name then accordantly,then when you compile the model(make sure process reference parts box is checked in the make mdl window)Then have a look in the fsds main folder for a text file called refparts.txt this will give you the ball park contact points for the aircraft.cfgMaV