Sign in to follow this  

Guest deKoven

Is it possible to fix a plane so that the mini panel doesn't show up? Not doing that for all planes, just a single plane, specifically a helicopter. I have a HUD and panel which I use for flying a heli but when I switch to that window and 'W' to get rid of the panel the mini panel shows up under the panel I want.

Yes, but only indirectly.In the panel.cfg, just define a new window with the MINIPANEL ident.window**=MiniPaneland[Window**]position=1size_mm=350,200child_3d=1background_color=0,0,0ident=MINIPANELwhere ** is the first available free window number.Or, if there already is a window with the ident=MINIPANEL line, remove the gauge definitions from that window.What it does: it forces FS to use the Minipanel window from your panel.cfg (which is empty now), instead of the common Minipanel in the default folder.Note that you STILL have to cycle through this window when using "W".(so you still have to press "W" twice to get the panel again).A suggestion:Use the HUD gauge as Minipanel....So you have (when cycling views with "W"):- the 2D panel, without HUD- the HUD, without the 2D panel- No HUD/panelAll you have to do for this is change the ident in the window that defines the HUD gauge, to MINIPANEL.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest deKoven

Thank you sir, you've made my day. I couldn't figure out any way to do this. However, there is one thing I don't understand. I've never seen the line "child_3d=1" (can't see it in edit mode, hope I got it right) before. What does that do?

I think the child_3d statement is a residue from FS98, and has no meaning any more in FS2002/FS9. At least not one that I can notice.So you might as well leave that line out..Cheers, Rob