Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IVAO-GR division is promoting piracy...and nobody cares

IVAO-GR division is promoting piracy... and nobody caresHi all,I am sorry to report that at the sites http://gr.ivao.aero and http://ivao.hvaip.net/, there is pirated copyrighted material that can be downloaded at several points :-(I have had several tries to persuade the so-called "staff" of the IVAO-GR community (gr.ivao.aero) to remove the links. Unfortunately, at first I have been ironically treated from the staff members and after my second notice, they threatened with deletion of my IVAO account if I would continue complaining. (something that actually happened and I had to re-register...) A few months ago, the same guys did a huge upload on Jeppesen copyrighted material which now has been "forwarded" to some other server for "selected" members of their community. The copyrighted material has been removed only after Jeppesen threatened with legal actions.Further, in the forums of the IVAO GR there are postings where you get redirected on sites that "provide" copyrighted material. Just a couple of days ago their "Director" in one forum post has posted a link to a site that offers illegal material from Jeppesen. After several people have been complaining about that their "Member Coordinator" has publicly declared that "posting links and not the material itself" is not illegal as the lawyers of IVAO.AERO have confirmed!!!I also tried to raise this issue to the IVAO.AERO-Headquarters, with no luck however. The answer was that the folks of the IVAO-GR are responsible for the content of their site :-( I feel ashamed that my country people who run this institution are totally missing the point of flight simming and virtual aviation in general and have misformed it into "yet another pirate corner" :-(As I have seen that many people started complaining about this situation, I hope that at least by going public on this issue they will clean up the place for the sake of their members.Sincerely,Giorgos Iliopoulos

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

JSkorna,Yes, I'll come out and play ...As I've said many times before in many forums on many websites, the ISPs are the obvious pressure points for stopping piratical practices.If they aren't "interested", in the near future there many be legal mechanisms for getting their attention.

The site owners no doubt put it there on purpose and knowing it was pirated, so it's no surprise they're not interested.Contact the owners of the material, they'll be interested and are likely to follow Jep's lead (separate or together).Of course in many countries it's extremely hard or even impossible to get a verdict against pirates, so they may be unable to get it removed.