Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

Can you read the fs9.cfg directly?

Guest bartels

Is there a way to detect the location of the fs9.cfg automatically by C gauges? I can read it with e.g. GetPrivateProfileString if I know the exact path, no problem. But how to get that path? Or, are there global variables that store that "user data" path somewhere?Arne Bartels

Guest HartmannH

There's shell variable called "USERPROFILE" which contains the path you need but I'm pretty sure that it only exists in Windows XP so it won't be very helpful.

Guest bartels

OK, found it myself:#include ...char appdata[MAX_PATH+1]="";char value[255+1]="";...SHGetSpecialFolderPath(NULL,appdata,CSIDL_APPDATA,FALSE);strcat(appdata,"MicrosoftFS9fs9.cfg"); ...GetPrivateProfileString("PANELS","IMAGE_QUALITY","",value,sizeof(value)-1,appdata);link shell32.lib.Possibly the exename has to be used, not "fs9.cfg" hardwired. If the exe is renamed, the .cfg file uses this new name.Arne BartelsP.S. checked with XP SP2 and W98SE

Guest HartmannH

Hey, den kannte ich noch nicht. Vielen Dank :-)

Guest bartels

Wildes Suchen hilft manchmal. Erst hatte ich Appdata als Begriff gefunden, bei MSDN fiel mir dann irgendwann "SHGetSpecialFolderPath" vor die F

Guest zip

You can also scan the software keys in the Windows registry - I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure that the install folder is in the LOCAL_MACHINE/software hive and the path to the CFG is in the LOCAL_USER/software hive (since each user has a personal copy of the CFG file).That should work with Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

Guest bartels

In adition a check if the exe name/cfg name is NOT fs9:#include #include ... char appdata[MAX_PATH+1] = "", exename[MAX_PATH+1] = "", *helper = NULL;... //get full exe pathname GetModuleFileName(NULL,exename,MAX_PATH); //cut path helper=strrchr(exename,''); if(helper) sprintf(exename,"%s",helper+1); //cut .exe suffix helper=strstr(exename,".exe"); if(helper) *helper=0; //get FS9.cfg path, first appdata, then rest SHGetSpecialFolderPath(NULL,appdata,CSIDL_APPDATA,FALSE); sprintf(appdata,"%sMicrosoftFS9%s.cfg",appdata,exename); ...Arne Bartels