Sign in to follow this  
Guest HerbieG

Question re N_Numbers

Anyone out there understand why an N_Number applied in Gmax would display at only 1/3rd the size in FS9 ???Got me stumped :)

>Anyone out there understand why an N_Number applied in Gmax>would display at only 1/3rd the size in FS9 ???>>Got me stumped :)Your question is a bit vague. Are you referring to using the Texture Name "DECAL_NNUMBER"?If so, the size of the "number displayed" is based on the size of the polygon to which the texture is mapped, and the size/font of the "dummy number" used on the actual texture.bmp file.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill.. thanks for that, and my apologies for the vagueness of the question, Here's exactly what I meant.I Create the polygon on the model, Actual size shape and location of the required n number.Apply the 128 x 64 texture Decal_NNumber to it, compile and load to flightsim But the resulting Nnumber on the aircraft is approximately 3 times SMALLER than the polygon for some wierd reason.. I have temporarily fixed it by scaling the polygon three times bigger. This looks ok in FS but is a bit of a botch job :)

>Apply the 128 x 64 texture Decal_NNumber to it, compile and>load to flightsim Try 128x32 instead...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest HerbieG

Add these lines to the aircraft.cfg under the fltsim.0 section and set the font and size to what you want.atc_id_color=0xc6eff7ffatc_id_font=verdana, -22, 1, 1200, 0