Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

PROJECT 104 - Volunteers?

About 6 months ago I started working by myself on a freeware project that I call Project 104. My main goal was to make Captain Sim's F104 vc fully functional without having to go the 2d panel at all. This was easily achieved because there were only a few items that had to be included in the vc i.e. anti-ice, pitot, lights, etc.But then I decided to kick it up a notch...I purchased an official F104 flight operating manual and decided to try to simulate as much of the real cockpit systems as possible. Below is a sample picture depicting the Fuel Control and Aux Trim Control gauges. The images on the left are straight out of the manual and the images on the right are my "works-in-progress."53135.jpgAs you can see from the pics I intend on making this a "quality" FREEWARE addon for all F104 lovers that own the "Legendary F104". I am trying to match the same quality that Captain Sim uses to make the itegration seemless.Thanks to the way Captain Sim has designed their vc, I have plenty of room to place almost any gauge I desire from the real 104 in their proper locations on the vc model. Even the gauge and panel night lighting is a breeze to update to match my new gauges.Here's the problem: I have been working on this completely alone. My main area of knowledge is with graphic design, not gauge design. I have been "getting by" with xml but work is progressing at a snails pace and now that the gauges are getting more complex I am realizing that gauge programming is not for me. I have already completed several gauges where they are fully functional and not to mention the huge collection of panel/gauge graphics that I have created over the months. I would really hate to see all of my work go down the drain which is why I am looking for someone that would be serious in helping me complete this project. The person should be proficient in XML or C (or both). I will provide all the graphics and the "logic" from the manual on how each gauge functions...I just need someone to put it all together into a gauge that functions properly. The easy gauges I have under control but the more complex ones is where I need a "pro" to step in. This will not be a "huge" commitment and involves only 3 or 4 gauges.If anyone is serious and would like to help please contact me at Tzser@Hotmail.com.Otherwise, I should have this project completed for the community to enjoy in about a year ;)Best Regards,Anastasio

I can see the original pics just fine. The second set however are empty... :(BTW, those are some very nicely done textures!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator