Sign in to follow this  
flightluuvr

Is there a way to "re-insert" an extracted/repainted bi...

I would like to repaint the background of my FS9 default 747-400 primary flight display (pfd_background.bmp). the bitmap is located within the gauges/boeing747-400.cab file.Is there a way to "re-insert" a repainted bitmap back into a cab file? maybe a command in DOS?I tried extracting the entire boeing747-400.cab file to a new folder, then after i repainted the bitmap, i used cabdir to re-compile the contents into a new cab file with a unique name (and I re-configured the line in my panel.cfg) but it didn't exactly work. the "new" gauge shows up in my panel (with the newly painted background), but the readouts are all visibly messed up. it looks like maybe all of the original gauge bitmaps got resized.

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

You could download the FS2002 CAB Directory SDK and it will allow you to create .cab files...

Hi,You don't need the "cab" fileJust uncab it in some dir and place that dir in the panel map of your aircraft.You can edit the bitmaps and xml's and just leave them in the same dir.Mind there are 2 sizes bitmaps; edit them both as necessary.This way you also earn some fpsJan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

thanks for the replies. i figured it out. what i needed to do was extract the gauge's 1024 bitmaps to their own folder, and the 640 bitmaps to their own folder, then compile the .cab file with both folders inside the gauge file.