Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Fuel pump behavior

In my aircraft.cfg (fuel section), I have the line:electric_pump=1which means the aircraft uses electric pumps. Then in my code, I use KEy_TOGGLE_ELECT_FUEL_PUMP1 to switch off the engine1 pump. Then I read its status with ENGINE1_FUEL_PUMP_ON, which is FALSE when the pump is off. Everything works fine, BUT the corresponding tank keeps on being pumped !!Even if I turn all the fuel pumps off using KEY_FUEL_PUMP, the engines keep running and the fuel keeps being pumped in the tanks. I would like to have the fuel pumped ONLY when the fuel pumps are ON. Is this possible?Thanks for any help !!Eric

Guest bartels

All fuel pumps are auxillary ones, they can have a limited effect on fule pressure. But if switched off, the engines are still drawing fuel. If you want "fuel pumps" that kill the engines if not running, you can simulate the behaviour by manipulating e.g. KEY_TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENGx. Arne Bartels

This confirms what I thought. In fact, I found a workaround using 2 fuel selectors instead.Thanks for your help !!Eric