Sign in to follow this  
Guest mtom

Carb Heat Gauge

Guest mtom

Hi all.Was wondering whether if anyone could clear up this little problem I'm have with carb heat gauges.I'm trying to install two carb heat gauges for a pby. However, none of them will work. I've checked the model's air file and the Carb Heat is set to TRUE. I've checked the gauges in the original models they came in where they all function correctly. For the XML gauges, I've checked that the A-var syntax is correct for FS2K2.While for some of these gauges, the tooltip text changes (indicating a change of status) when you hit the H key, you cannot initiate the carb heat by pointing and clicking on the gauge itself.So, it's got me stuffed.Any contributions are appreciated, even ones confirming that I'm approaching the issue correctly.Cheers,Matthew.

Mat,It is helpful to show some code.Mind, there is no command for carb heat.Use anti ice var's and events.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest mtom

Hi Jan.Sorry about that. Should have included the code. Yes, I'm using the anti-iceing command. Here's the code below from one of the XML gauges. Whacha recon?(A:General eng1 anti ice position,bool)Left Carb DeIce

Guest mtom

Just to let any interested parties know, I've solved the carbheat gauge problem. Nothing to do with gauge coding. The solution was in the aircraft.cfg file. Comparing it against a model with a functioning carbheat gauge, it became apparent - with a little trile and error - that in the 'piston_engine' section the 'fuel meter type' had to be set to 1, not 0. All carbheat gauges work properly now. Thanks to the guy on the Aussim forum who pointed me in the right direction.Cheers,Matthew.